Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

I’m loving this behind the scenes series, the praise of George and inclusiveness of Star Wars parts got me emotional. I’m also amazed every time by the sheer amount of technologies that are used together to create anything Star Wars, it always seem very intricate. 

I already know that with who is involved in this episode and what they talk about I imagine there will be a lot of angry YouTubers but they can go fuck themselves in advance. I’m really tired of their whole Star Wars shouldn’t be political nonsense, as that is the opposite of what Star Wars has been and will continue to be. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Huh. Is he gonna play Old Man Rex?

Or will he play the guy at the end of Episode 5 that a lot of people think is Boba?

Edited by 4815162342

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That was the spoiler from the podcast. Temuera and Rosario casting. Everyone knew about Rosario but Temuera was a surprise.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Huh. Is he gonna play Old Man Rex?

Or will he play the guy at the end of Episode 5 that a lot of people think is Boba?

Article says he'll play Boba Fett. I'm assuming Temeura will also play Aquaman and Moana in the future.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Dave Filoni in episode 2. Wow!

4 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Yeah that was a really good extended riff from him

Spoiler

That line about Qui-Gon and Maul was a take on an angle that I have heard of before, but hadn't quite seen in that form, and it's rather brilliant.

The idea of Qui-Gon representing the Jedi Ideal during the prequels has been discussed quite a lot.  And even as a rather strong Obi-Wan defender, reminding us all how young Obi-Wan was in TPM and how less than wise he was is really telling.

But beyond the bit of Obi-Wan drifting more to the stogy hide-bound type of Jedi that we see in spades in, say, Mace Windu is the even more fundamental observation of the difference between what Qui-Gon could have been for Anakin and what Obi-Wan could only have ever been for him, and it is a great... No fantastic point.

Just goes to show just how much Dave Filoni really "gets" Star Wars.

He isn't perfect.  No one is. He'll have his share of dud takes and less-than-great execution.  And no one person can speak for Star Wars anymore.  If any one person ever did (I think it was always collaborative).

But I think it is very fair to say that Filoni is as close to the heir apparent to George Lucas when it comes to how thinking about what SW "means" as anyone is. The Aristotle to Lucas' Plato as it were.  And it's so great to see more and more observations like these.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

The Dead Speak again.  This franchise can’t get out of the past and nostalgia lol.  I’m not mad about it at all but it is a bit redicuois.  

Well, I mean it was all but said last season so I think it's forgivable in this case.

And I do think if Boba Fett was alive post-RotJ and some Big Hot Shot Mando started to make a name for himself, their paths should cross.

Makes all the logical and story sense in the world.

If, you know, Fett survived the Sarlacc pit. ;)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Article says he'll play Boba Fett. I'm assuming Temeura will also play Aquaman and Moana in the future.

Boba Fett is expected to play just a small role in season two of the series, after the character was teased in the season one episode "The Gunslinger," when a mysterious figure sporting the bounty hunter's trademark spurs approached the apparently lifeless body of Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen).

when a mysterious figure sporting the bounty hunter's trademark spurs approached the apparently lifeless body of Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen).

approached the apparently lifeless body of Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen).

ZTvo87j.png ZTvo87j.png ZTvo87j.png 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Well, I mean it was all but said last season so I think it's forgivable in this case.

And I do think if Boba Fett was alive post-RotJ and some Big Hot Shot Mando started to make a name for himself, their paths should cross.

Makes all the logical and story sense in the world.

If, you know, Fett survived the Sarlacc pit. ;)

Agreed and I’m fine with it.  I just think this franchise under Disney really tries to pander to nostalgia, and I wish they would begin some original storytelling.  I guess i will have to wait for that.  Boba Fett really hasn’t done much on the screen for being such a popular character, so maybe this show will give him some time to shine. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

ZTvo87j.png ZTvo87j.png ZTvo87j.png 

I mean let's be honest, there's no way she isn't coming back. That tease at the end of the episode was classic "She'll be back with the dude's help"

IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I mean let's be honest, there's no way she isn't coming back. That tease at the end of the episode was classic "She'll be back with the dude's help"

IMO

Well, sure.  But there still was a hullabaloo when she was seemingly offed after just one episode.  I was more wondering if THR had sources they weren't willing to commit to yet and tried to slip that in unnoticed.  

Anywho, I note the description "small role" for the Bobster and it makes me think it'll probably be more a setup for S3 than anything else.  Maybe someone working at the edges and in the shadows before stepping more into the spotlight later on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Atreides said:

This is so HYPE! Tem Morrison is a legend, glad he can come back. Now if they need flashbacks of any sort I’m sure Daniel Logan will be up for it. 

I never thought of the duel in TPM the way Filoni described but I have to rewatch it again from that point of view cause that 8 min speech he get blew my mind. That speech is all you need to show people why Filoni gets what Star Wars is.

I also figured they eventually wouldn't resist putting Boba Fett in the show when we've had virtually nothing about him in the new canon since the EU got wiped out. 

My hope is by having Ahsoka (and potentially Rex it seems) in the show for a bit it'll expose more people to the greatness of The Clone Wars and Rebels. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Porthos said:

PKFsWG8.png

Dave be trolling us right out in the open for a couple years now?  ZTvo87j.png

Per the THR article:

While sources say Morrison is playing Boba Fett, it's always possible that something sneaky involving cloning is going on.

👀

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Per the THR article:

👀

Was that always in the article or did it get updated?  I must admit I only half-scanned it at the time.

Anyway, more semi-confirmation that there are sources flapping their gums:

Lindsey Romain is of Nerdist fame, though I don't know how connected she is to the rumor mill.

• Like 4