Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Should I go through 133 episodes, because I really don't have the time, or I just read the Wiki page of Ahsoka.

Shouldn't even really need to do that, as IMO, if a show doesn't give you the information you need to appreciate what's going on as you're watching it, it's failed on some level.

Knowing more about the character is just an extra treat.

If you're ever gonna check out TCW or Rebels one day, honestly I'd just skip everything and go into this fresh, as there are a fair few important story beats in TCW/Rebels that could get spoiled by checking out the Wiki.

If you're never gonna check it out, then sure.  Read away.  Or ask for Cliffs here. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Shouldn't even really need to do that, as IMO, if a show doesn't give you the information you need to appreciate what's going on as you're watching it, it's failed on some level.

BTW, I mention this because I am starting to get a teeny tiny bit annoyed with SW Superfans running around on YouTube and elsewhere spamming comments like "You have to watch TCW, nao!!!"

Like, no. Folks really don't just to appreciate this show. Again, at least they better not. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge evangelist when it comes to TCW/Rebels, but I really do think each series needs to stand on their own two feet.

Take last week's episode.  If someone "got" what was going on with Bo-Katan and everything else surrounding Mandalore, then knowing Bo's backstory/adventures from TCW/Rebels isn't really necessary.  It's an extra resonance/treat for those of us that do, but that's mostly it.  At least, IMO.

• Like 2

JQBQVBs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&A member of another forum I’m part of pointed this out ... big oops! 😬

edit: don’t know why the link is broken but another incident similar to the infamous GoT coffee cup. Someone is just standing in the shot and can be spotted fairly easily, I imagine it’ll be edited out shortly. 

Edited by Jamiem

Just now, Jamiem said:

JQBQVBs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&A member of another forum I’m part of pointed this out ... big oops! 😬

If it's what I saw referenced on Twitter, yep.  Honestly didn't even notice it at the time.

Don't worry, it'll get fixed in the Special Edition version. ;) :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If it's what I saw referenced on Twitter, yep.  Honestly didn't even notice it at the time.

Don't worry, it'll get fixed in the Special Edition version. ;) :lol: 

Yeah they’ll probably fix it overnight shouldn’t take too long to fix. 

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Should I go through 133 episodes, because I really don't have the time, or I just read the Wiki page of Ahsoka.

YES. YESSSS YOU SHOULD WATCH THEM ALL NOOOW AND THEN REBELs. noooooow!!! SEE THE TRUE POWER AND BEAUTY OF THE UNIVERSE. 

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

BTW, I mention this because I am starting to get a teeny tiny bit annoyed with SW Superfans running around on YouTube and elsewhere spamming comments like "You have to watch TCW, nao!!!"

Ugh. Fine. Tones it down to an 9 instead of 11. Got it. 😘😘😘

True Facts:

The beautiful about Clone Wars Is the series consists of mini episode arc’s. So while watching all 133 of them gives you a complete view of the world, you could really get away with watching may be two or three arcs if you want a real sense of Ahsoka without doing a deep dive. 

Episodes

Arc Names

2.04 - 2.08

The Second Battle of Geonosis

Lightsaber Lost

2.20 - 2.22

Boba Fett’s Revenge

2.18 - 2.19

The Zillo Beast Duology

Assassin

5.02 - 5.05

Onderon Arc

5.06 - 5.09

The Young Jedi

5.17 - 5.20

Ahsoka Arc

7.05 - 7.08

Ahsoka’s Walkabout

7.09 - 7.12

Siege of Mandalore

These are a pretty good place to start. The Zillo Beast Doesn’t have a lot to do with Ahsoka, but it is space Godzilla. Same with Boba, but considering he just showed up, this fun backstory. The Young Jedi Arc is Ahsoka with a bunch of kids. It’s adorable. But probably not what I would prioritize if you’re looking for only like ONE episode to watch. I really like Assassin, because it’s Ahsoka and Padme being bad ass. Her big character arcs are in season five/seven. But those might not quite slap as hard if you haven’t watch a lot before you. Because that is going to break your heart.

As for Rebels, she shows up in Season two. But I don’t think you should scrub through Rebels. That show should be enjoyed, and appreciated, for the masterpiece that it is. And a lot of her stuff comes at the end of the series. So it really wouldn’t play if you just skip to it.

• Like 2

Fun little episode that served as a detour before the big character intro next week, but also served to pull back the veil a little as to what Moff Gideon's remnant is doing. I put it above 2 but definitely a good step below 1 and 3.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Clone Wars going by IMDb ratings is very average in initial season, heck even in last season mid episodes seems awful but finale seems great.

If you don't have time then I'd say just go into the episode blind. The Mandalorian will give you everything you need to know. I don't really suggest watching partial episodes as (imo) the full experience of TCW is much better, watching the whole series gives a sense of scale which you don't get from a partial watch. 

• Like 2

It was kinda cool to see the implications that

Spoiler

Moff Gideon is arranging for what looks like Dark Troopers and/or Shadow Troopers (based on Dr. Pershing's comments about using blood transfusion to do "something").

Maybe this means we can summon Kyle Katarn to help deal with this, since he got cut out of the canon Death Star plan stealing :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

All the 2 episodes that Filoni has directed are bad in quality. Not expecting anything good from next episode. 

We needed much more talented director. Only Clone Wars fans loved his past 2 episode. 

Episode 1 was quite well received by most of the fanbase. 

Edited by Menor

On 11/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, Porthos said:

Dave Filoni was much better this time around as Trapper Wolf.  Probably helped most of his stuff was voice work, which he's done a ton of before.  But even the on-face camera acting was much better.

Wonder how much they had to twist his arm to make him do it again.

Immediately thought of this comment when they showed two X-Wings but no Dave Filoni :hahaha:

• Haha 2

If the first episode was as bad or meh or whatever as some folks try to claim, the show wouldn't have taken off like it did.

Like, c'mon now.

And, yes, the reveal of Baby Yoda was part of it.  But not nearly all of it.  Not by a long shot.

• Like 4

On 11/18/2020 at 3:38 AM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm really happy Ludwig has not used any recognisable themes yet for Mandalorian but the one exception would be Ahsoka's theme as it's been used so much in Clone Wars and Rebels.

He’s used his own compositions of March of the Resistance twice. In Chapters 10 and 12.

• Like 1

Like we have proof, literal proof, that just slapping the name "Star Wars" on something isn't enough to turn something into a cultural zeitgeist on its own.  So don't give me the "It was always going to be popular" spiel.  

If folks want to complain that The Gunslinger episode by Dave Filoni was too self-indulgent and fanwanky for their tastes, fine.  That's an argument.  I don't share it, but I can see it.

But to say that the first episode didn't connect with the broader audience of general viewers just beggars belief.

• Like 2