Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM

6 hours ago, Joel M said:

Timmy's looks remind me way more of the metrosexual energy of a young Johnny Depp or DiCaprio than the much more masculine perfect feautures of Beatty, Pitt etc. 

Completely depends on how they are dolled up and advertised. All of them could have been packaged and presented in any number of ways depending on what the directors were looking for. Give Chalamet a good tan and more mature haircut? Women will be all over that. When the producers go for full blown Ken Doll presentation, you get DiCaprio in Titanic (everyone is aware of what this film did for him), Hartnett in Pearl Harbor (the most "MTV/Hollywood" character in the most MTV/Hollywood version of WW2 films), Jude Law in Mr. Ripley (the role that made him a household name for the next 6-7 years) where seemingly the whole industry is very open about the actors attractiveness in the role and this absolutely helps with box office performance. Chalamet could 100% be in that mold.

Had Harry Styles been cast as Elvis, we would be seeing that this summer...

Edited by excel1

Yes yes Chalamet singing and dancing are great reasons to be excited as well as the potential Oedipus complex with Sally Hawkins but I’m most interested if Keegan gets to sing a banger like in Jingle Jangle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Is this a Johnny Deep prequel? 

I read that it was. Personal business aside, that was always my preferred Wonka movie over the 1970s one.

On 6/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, Morieris said:

I love the Tim Burton one...but let's just have all these movies stand alone, even if they must be made.

Though part of me wants this origin to be connected to one of the others, just incase they cast Glover and we can all wonder how Wonka went from black to white. 

Bada-bing!

1 hour ago, Eric is a furry said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If we don't get a sequel to this, what even is the point;

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised they have Wonka wearing his iconic clothing so early on, surely it would make more sense for him to acquire the hat and coat much later on. 

Here is the solution for you: Replace the director with David Yates midway through production. His first course correction: Why aren't they all wearing suits? Fixed! 

Confused Harry Potter GIFHarry Potter Magic GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

On 4/27/2022 at 8:11 AM, Morieris said:

I read that it was. Personal business aside, that was always my preferred Wonka movie over the 1970s one.

Bada-bing!

If we don't get a sequel to this, what even is the point;

Frusrtating thing about the Burton/Depp film is when it stuck to the Dahl book it was better then the WIlder version, but it when went into the BS about Wonka's father..which is NOT in the book and BUrton pulled out of his butt because of his obssesion with "Daddy" issues the film went south.

I am skeptical of any spinoff of a classic novel, and this certainly qualifies there.

Edited by dudalb

49 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

what will happen with this now that Aquaman moved?

Wonka will move. That is obvious.

Let's face it, Aquaman and the DC franchise as a whole are more important to Warners, then  Wonka, and it's clear who has prority as to good release dates, etc.

But these huge release changes just show how much trouble WB is in. Banks must really be putting pressure onthem to pay back their loans.

WB would be dumb to move this. They should ride of the double whammy of Wonka and Aquabro owning December and combining for $2b+.  Both films can coexist no doubt. 

Edited by excel1

10 minutes ago, excel1 said:

WB would be dumb to move this. They should ride of the double whammy of Wonka and Aquabro owning December and combining for $2b+.  Both films can coexist no doubt. 

Wrong. There is a lot of doubt about that and the last thing Warners needs is to compete with itself.