Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

this seems to have a christmasy/family movie vibe so shouldn't move. first aquaman killed it in december and color purple as an oscar movie that date makes sense. seems crazy to put out all three within 10 days of each other but these really are the best dates for all of them and don't think they'll eat into each other much.

• Like 1

Yeah, the three of these movies should have zero problem co-existing, hopefully the studio is able to give them the proper marketing campaigns with their resources. Expect quite a bit of release date musical chairs these next few weeks as the majors are starting to lock in their slate for the rest of the year in time for CinemaCon at the end of the month.

On 4/26/2023 at 9:13 PM, Jonwo said:

WB I imagine will see Wonka and Aquaman 2 as their moneymakers for December followed by The Color Purple which probably won't do huge numbers but a leggy run wouldn't surprise me.

WB will dominate December for sure. I think WONKA might outgross AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM.

I can see Wonka doing Mary Poppins Returns numbers, and Aquaman about $250m. Both would be a lot less than one movie alone has done in the past two years, so there should be plenty of room for both (provided WB gets their act together with marketing their films).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

WB will dominate December for sure. I think WONKA might outgross AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM.

I considered that as a possibility myself. I think there's a lot of fans of the Wonka movies so I could see it being the perfect Christmas movie. I don't think it's possible worldwide but if audiences like it, I can see it happening domestically.

• Like 1