grim22

Angel has fallen | Aug 23 2019 | Millennium | Gerard Butler. Third movie in the "..has fallen" series.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/gerard-butler-millennium-films-avi-lerner-angel-has-fallen-olympus-has-fallen-1201843139/

EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Films is teaming up with Gerard Butler again, this time for Angel Has Fallen, a threequel follow up to hit action titles Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen.

Butler will be back to star as Secret Service agent Mike Banning, who has spent his career keeping American presidents safe. This time, he’s the target. If his attackers can take down half of Washington D.C. with it, all the better. Among those at risk include the President, whose official Air Force One plane is code-named Angel.

Producers are Butler, Alan Siegel, Mark Gill, John Thompson and Matt O’Toole. Exec producers are Avi Lerner, Trevor Short and Christine Otal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I still gotta watch the first two, I know they will be fun, I just never got around to actually doing it. I didn't know the second one was profitable enough for a sequel.

Olympus Has Fallen isn't fun at all, it's a depressing and bleak movie that offers none of the action movie escapism I expected from it.  London Has Fallen was a bit better.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Olympus Has Fallen isn't fun at all, it's a depressing and bleak movie that offers none of the action movie escapism I expected from it.  London Has Fallen was a bit better.

Depressing and bleak is definitely not how I've hard that movie being described lol

On 10/26/2016 at 2:20 PM, That One Guy said:

Olympus is so dedicated to taking itself and the scenario it presents seriously, that after a while (oh, probably a minute or two into bodies exploding on the National Mall) it became kinda hilarious. I mean, it's terrible, but I was kinda entertained by the "this is real!" nature of it, even if it was incredibly stupid.

On 10/27/2016 at 2:50 PM, marveldcfox said:

That was different time. Folks who watch and relish these fallen films have hardly seen any other action flick from the 90s not named Die Hard or Rambo.

Kinda wish they would play it more on TV again so folks know what the superior version is. And they have played it on TV relatively recently.

london has fallen was INCREDIBLY racist and that's not just cuz i'm an sjw, like even normal people thought it was.. so no thanks @ this even though i LOVE plane movies

white house down won.

Edited by water

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/olympus-has-fallen-follow-up-gets-director-1024336

Ric Roman Waugh, who wrote and directed the Stephen Dorff-starrer Felon, will helm the Olympus Has Fallen sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Gerard Butler will reprise his role in Millennium Films' Angel Has Fallen, a threequel following the action flicks Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen. Waugh will direct Butler as the Secret Service agent who has kept American presidents safe — but this time, he's the attackers' target.

Among those also at risk is the commander-in-chief, whose official plane Air Force One is code-named Angel. Butler will produce with Alan Siegel, Mark Gill, John Thompson and Matt O'Toole. Executive producers are Avi Lerner, Trevor Short and Christine Otal.

Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt, who created the franchise, are penning the script. The threequel follows Antoine Fuqua's 2013 film Olympus Has Fallen, which earned $161 million worldwide. Babak Najafi's London Has Fallen, released earlier this year, grossed $195 million globally.

On 10/26/2016 at 10:23 PM, Arlborn said:

Depressing and bleak is definitely not how I've hard that movie being described lol

You may have it confused with White House Down, which has the exact same premise but is much more lighthearted and silly. Olympus Has Fallen is just mean and unpleasant for its whole runtime (but with a supremely stupid plot it doesn't seem to notice it has).