kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Given that the Russos are directing Avengers 3 & 4, and that the two movies they’ve directed were among the most serious movies in the MCU, not sure there should be worry about having to tone the humor down. Though I really liked TWS, Civil War was kind of a bore, so I’m actually hoping they include some more humor in IW compared to Civil War. GotG characters Thor, and Spider-Man should help with that. 

Well, I have to agree with that :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

It's true that the humor is special, you like it or you hate it. I must admit that I'm increasingly tired of this turn toward comedy, it's too much. Guardians of the Galaxy was fine, there was a good balance. Same thing for SM Homecoming. But they need to tone it down in Avengers 3.

This. The same humor which worked great in the first Guardians does not rule here. You can not tell something serious full of comedy because the film becomes an absurd joke.

Edited by peludo

5 hours ago, Deja23 said:

Given that the Russos are directing Avengers 3 & 4, and that the two movies they’ve directed were among the most serious movies in the MCU, not sure there should be worry about having to tone the humor down. Though I really liked TWS, Civil War was kind of a bore, so I’m actually hoping they include some more humor in IW compared to Civil War. GotG characters Thor, and Spider-Man should help with that. 

I think IW and its sequel will be serious films like Winter Soldier. The Russos have good track record.

I wish it crosses GoTG2 WW total but that seems to be a long shot domestically while it crossed its OS figs by a good margin!

Thor is the most deserving CBM movie in terms of critical and commercial reception this year!

850M is the base? 

300-320 Dom and 530-550 OS?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

I wish it crosses GoTG2 WW total but that seems to be a long shot domestically while it crossed its OS figs by a good margin!

Thor is the most deserving CBM movie in terms of critical and commercial reception this year!

850M is the base? 

300-320 Dom and 530-550 OS?

I see $855m as the high end so it's not catching GOTG2 WW

It made $11m O/S this w/e, so  $530-35m  and Domestic - $305-320m  

• Like 3

Using 800M even, that means it grossed ~8.7M WW for weekdays 

~3M from Dom Mon-Wed

~5.7M from OS Mon-Thu 

If so, that’s a good weekly drop for weekdays in the OS markets (< -30% drop).

Bode well for the weekend drops. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 3

535M OS is the likely total. But I can see it making a push for 540M. 

Dom just had a very good weekly/weekend drop, leaping over Dr. Strange’s 5th weekend hold, which it had been following closely thus far (due to Infinity War trailer effect and no new openers). If it keeps up with the momentum, 315M is what I predict for Dom total.

Will be very close call for 850M milestone. 

On 11/26/2017 at 10:59 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Thor gross breakdown for this week

Dom - 30.2m (estimates)

China - 3m

OS-Ch - 17.7m (11 wknd, 6.7 wkds)(est)

Thor had a 54% drop in OS markets this weekend. It's drop in OS countries minus China was a lot better at 46-47% for the weekend. 

I think it will get at least 18 million more from OS markets and maybe 1m more from China for a total OS of 532m or so. Domestic should make another 30m at least. That will give a total of 840m total worldwide. With holidays coming up and no big movies releasing I hope for better drops in coming weekends in OS countries and hope it gets to 850 at least. 

Thor gross breakdown for this week

Dom - 13.75m (9.66 weekend, 4.09 weekday)(estimates)

China - 1m

OS-Ch - 11.2m (6.5 wknd, 4.7 wkds)(est)

Dom - Very very strong hold after thanksgiving for Thor. It's weekend drop of about 42.7% is much stronger than DS which had 51.3% drop. DS had 2.564x legs after this weekend. With the same legs Thor makes about 24.75m more and gets to a total of 316m. But Thor will have to face TLJ which will be much stronger than R1 so I don't think Thor will have the same multi but I think 310 is looking strong after the good performance this week.

China - Thor's China run is over. It made a little over 112 million which is quite impressive considering the last Thor movie made about 55m. It also had much better legs than SMH which got to only about 116m despite opening to 69 million. 

OS - Thor had a 41% drop for the weekend and 36.7% drop week on week. That's an amazing drop!

I think it has another 20m or so in the tank at least domestically. I think it gets another 15m or so at least from OS for a total of 540m. Plus 310 from Dom gives a worldwide total of 850m. Looking very good!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

MCU will bring in about 2.6B WW total with 3 movies this year.

I can see next year surpassing that.

1.35B - 1.4B for IW. 

1.2B - 1.25B between Ant-Man & The Wasp and Black Panther seems doable. Counting on OS for Ant-Man and domestic for BP.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

MCU will bring in about 2.6B WW total with 3 movies this year.

I can see next year surpassing that.

1.35B - 1.4B for IW. 

1.2B - 1.25B between Ant-Man & The Wasp and Black Panther seems doable. Counting on OS for Ant-Man and domestic for BP.

I can see 550m for Ant-Man 2 and 700m for BP.