terrestrial

Monday's Strange 6.2 (Tue maybe 7.7) ǀ Trolls 2.5 ǀ Hacksaw 1.45 ǀ Accountant 0.51 ǀ Inferno 0.5 ǀ Tyler Perry 0.495 ǀ Reacher 0.47

13 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

It will barely hit $200 million if that is the case, because I remember Spectre from last year was dragged all the way to $200 million by Sony when they realized they were few million short of it. Disney might do the same for Strange also if it is  the case.

Spectre opened to $15 million less though. 

53 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Spectre opened to $15 million less though. 

Strange open with $500,000 less than Thor 2 and today it's 5mil less.

It will have to do well today or Better on Friday to make it up.TDW made 206mil domestic, I believe it's a good comparison.Thor also had a 57% (36mil) second week drop The Dr. Drop should lighten due to Presidents day but it has to do more than the 10mil Thor did on its second Friday.

Strange could come out of this weekend with a 7-10 mil lead it's really to early to call just like Suicide Squad.

The Dr. Could have a big second week drop but make up for it in the 3rd and so on,time will tell.

18 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Comparison between the 2 not possible.

Thor 2 had Veterans day

The Dr. Will also have Veterans day as well with the benefit of it being on Friday.

I'm aware of the holiday which I have acknowledged in my post.

Strange goal isTDW numbers if you think about it anything over is a plus.

Edited by Brainiac5

13 hours ago, DAJK said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/movieweb.com/amp/arrival-movie-doctor-strange-box-office-predictions/

I want what they're smoking, thinking Arrival is going to make 41.6M this weekend.

The Wrap's weekend prediction:

Shut In $9m

Almost Christmas $16m

Arrival:

“Arrival” is tracking to open at $17 million, though Paramount is expecting slightly lower numbers in the low-to-mid teens. It’s set to play in roughly 2,200 locations this weekend and was made for $47 million, not counting marketing costs. (Paramount acquired U.S., Canadian and China distribution rights out of the Cannes Film Festival in 2014 for $20 million.)

The rest is without number details:

http://www.thewrap.com/p1337125/

They have also an article about the impact of this year's eleation on the BO:

But the fact remains, as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump continue to dominate the headlines, fall box office receipts are down 10 percent from last year.

http://www.thewrap.com/the-election-is-sucking-air-out-of-movie-theaters/

It includes some details about spend money for movie advertising on TV:

In the last two weeks of October, alone, studios spent $111 million on TV ads, according to iSpot.tv.

also:

Box office totals also went down in the fall as movie ticket prices themselves rose 3 percent ...

I can not acces the website itself, so here via Comicbook.vom

According to the LA Times, Doctor Strange is expected to earn about $42 million this weekend in the U.S. and Canada. DreamWorks’ Trolls will likely pull in about $23 million, ranking it second at the box office.

Two new films will also be arriving this weekend, and experts expect them to clash over third place. Paramount Pictures will release Arrival to the tune of about $17-18 million while Universal Pictures will rake in about $15 with Almost Christmas.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/11/09/doctor-strange-projected-to-win-second-straight-weekend-at-box-o/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Trolls $23M?:lol:

$27M+

Me personally am without an opinion about that e.g. never was into animated... have no real feeling for that genre. Plus I am into analysis after the films have finished their runs (ww). I only try to find articles I think ppl might be interested in ;)

21 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

We already have the Tuesday number for DS from a trustworthy source, shouldn't a new thread be made now?

The person starting a new daily thread has to be present whilst the number come in and e.g. adjust the thread title (forum rule). I am not sure to be at home at that time, so feel free to do so.