kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

What a bunch of non-sense alt right leakers bullshit is this, LMAO?! What did I just read, my eyes are burning lol. Is this the current state of the Reddit and Twitter insiders lol? Seriously, what the fuck lol.

Pretty sure Jessica Gao was never involved with Deadpool 3 so he is definitely peddling some bullshit lmao. And if he is referring to the Molyneux Sisters, they were never involved with She-Hulk and they still have story credits from what I understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LegionWrex said:

Pretty sure Jessica Gao was never involved with Deadpool 3 so he is definitely peddling some bullshit lmao. And if he is referring to the Molyneux Sisters, they were never involved with She-Hulk and they still have story credits from what I understand.

Seriously, WTF people are reading as film news these days. Seruously my dudes, I feel fine if you are following tarot or horoscopes on Twitter, it’s harmless fun, but whatever you all are getting your film news, maybe try some credible sources and not whatever storyline that these people sell to you for click and clout. I literally gasped coffee here.

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

D3 should be immune to The Marvels performance as there's the novelty in seeing Deadpool and the X-Men in the MCU, similar to how NWH wasn't affected by Eternals at all.

Honestly, GotG2 didn't really have that much of a cultural stay and Quill had a terrible showing in Infinity War. GotG3 already had an uphill battle and Quantumania just made it a little worse.

So you agree that The Marvels is going to be as bad as MCU Phase 4 and Ant-Man 3, that Marvel Studios can't make good movies now, and that people such as James Gunn and Ryan Reynolds are saving Disney's MCU face?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

So you agree that The Marvels is going to be as bad as MCU Phase 4 and Ant-Man 3, that Marvel Studios can't make good movies now, and that people such as James Gunn and Ryan Reynolds are saving Disney's MCU face?

Why do you think Marvels is going to be bad? I’m hearing that Marvels is actually pretty great. 

1 hour ago, scytheavatar said:

It is way easier to move back a movie than to move it up...... just look at the cluster fuck of Quantumania and how they were reshooting the movie 1 month before release. By moving the movie up in the middle of the strikes it suggests that Marvel and Disney sees Deadpool 3 as a whatever and expendable rather than a film that must earn 1 billion. This could be retaliation to Ryan Reynolds who apparently played hard ball and almost walked away from the movie to make sure that She Hulk writer isn't lead writer. Moving up also means having to pay the VFX houses extra, which could mean this Deadpool movie is no longer a mid budget superstar that the first 2 films were. 

Yes of course, moving a guranteed hit into the May opener slot is definitely a sign they think it’s expendable.😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Why do you think Marvels is going to be bad? I’m hearing that Marvels is actually pretty great. 

I wasn't sure about The Marvels quality because of the mediocre phase 4, but then I thought the movie name is "Marvel," and why would Marvel Studios tarnish its own brand? But now that they have moved DP3 up to the May slot and are trying to save Captain America's ass, I'm fully convinced that Marvels quality will be as bad as Ant-Man 3.

2 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I wasn't sure about The Marvels quality because of the mediocre phase 4, but then I thought the movie name is "Marvel," and why would Marvel Studios tarnish its own brand? But now that they have moved DP3 up to the May slot and are trying to save Captain America's ass, I'm fully convinced that Marvels quality will be as bad as Ant-Man 3.

What the hell is even this. Are you aware why early May releases are so coveted by the studios? Because this is just flame wars non sense.

Venting your frustration with something, perhaps? :hahaha:

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

What the hell is even this. Are you aware why early May releases are so coveted by the studios? Because this is just flame wars non sense.

Venting your frustration with something, perhaps? :hahaha:

They know that a DP movie with Wolverine, which doesn't even need the MCU tag, will be immune to the bad quality of The Marvels but not Captain America 4, so they moved up DP3 to the May slot.

• ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, Willowra said:

They know that a DP movie with Wolverine, which doesn't even need the MCU tag, will be immune to the bad quality of The Marvels but not Captain America 4, so they moved up DP3 to the May slot.

Okay… you got us. You got Kevin. Marvel is so screwed right now. You know their secret.

3 hours ago, scytheavatar said:

y moving the movie up in the middle of the strikes it suggests that Marvel and Disney sees Deadpool 3 as a whatever and expendable rather than a film that must earn 1 billion.

They moved it to May, their historically best grossing timeframe. How is that a lack of confidence?

4 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Easy, because three women are the protagonists of the movie. Not saying everyone who says it'll be bad thinks like this but 95% of those who say it do. 

Edited by AN9815
  • Like 4
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

It's referring to Zeb Wells, who did work on both She-Hulk and Deadpool 3.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

Easy, because three women are the protagonists of the movie. Not saying everyone who says it'll be bad thinks like this but 95% of those who say it do.

There is definitely a weird assumption that people will not like the Marvels based on literally nothing other than "some people still don't like that thing Brie Larson said about critics almost six years ago"

Are we seriously saying this movie is gonna be bad because a bunch of toxic people  on the internet can't stand a movie with three female protagonists???.

Have Some  turned their word into some sort of gospel or something!! and they  are not by any means a source of approval to whether the movie is good or bad  and will hate the movie no matter what.

Movie will be good or bad based on how it's written and recieved. We have metrics for judging that . Verified AS,postrak and CS and critical reviews.

Saying 95% who would say it's bad fall in that category is downright disengenious and just pulling shit from the ass and just major goalpost against criticism that will come towards the film.

. It could be another TLT or eternals for all we know and lots of poeple don't like those two very much.

• Like 2

I'm not saying the movie will be bad, in fact I have high hopes for this but I cannot say if a movie will be good or bad until it releases. I thought Quantumania looked good and IMO it turned out as one of the worst Marvel movies to date.

What I am trying to say is that this movie is being targeted on social media by trolls claiming it will suck and unfortunately it will probably be review bombed. A similar thing happened with The Little Mermaid. The amount of hate movies like this receive is beyond comprehension to me but people have a lot of free time I guess. Also we don't have to be very smart to see why movies like this or TLM get review bombed and others don't. 

I just realized this is not the The Marvels thread so I will end my discussion here.

29 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

I'm not saying the movie will be bad, in fact I have high hopes for this but I cannot say if a movie will be good or bad until it releases. I thought Quantumania looked good and IMO it turned out as one of the worst Marvel movies to date.

What I am trying to say is that this movie is being targeted on social media by trolls claiming it will suck and unfortunately it will probably be review bombed. A similar thing happened with The Little Mermaid. The amount of hate movies like this receive is beyond comprehension to me but people have a lot of free time I guess. Also we don't have to be very smart to see why movies like this or TLM get review bombed and others don't. 

I just realized this is not the The Marvels thread so I will end my discussion here.

Oh ok.  Marvels being review bombed is a surety at this point if that wasn't obvious already  . But we should really separate that from actual film criticism from that . Don't doubt some saying it's bad fall under that category but saying 95% is just cooking it here.