kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

When it comes to the backlash/people being tired of the multiverse story angle, I would be VERY SURPRISED if the movie doesn't address that.

*DP at some point during his multiverse adventures*

"Oh god! Not ANOTHER nostalgia-bait Multiverse Saga flick!  Aren't we fucking sick of these yet?!? What's next, I land in the god damn MCU???"

*ten seconds later*

"FFFF<BLEEEP>."

(adjust as needed if it is "just" Deadpool's original universe and the mainline MCU)

Hell, won't be surprised if a (sanitized) version of something like that winds up in the trailers/promotion materials.

To put it a different way, if this was a straight take on the concept, then... yeah timing's not great.  But for something that wears meta commentary on its sleeve then... Well, execution is what matters, as always.

(do agree with those worried about the WGA strike affecting the film, however.  Absolutely is a possibility.  Not a guarantee one way or the other, but a def factor to consider)  

I would put even money on the film being structured with a cold open that ends with Deadpool realizing he's been sent into the MCU somehow and right before he drops a "fuck" the film cuts to the standard MCU opening logo

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

Imma say under for now, it will depend on reception. R rating is also a factor to consider.

R rating is only a consideration in "will it be the highest grossing r rated movie ever". It clearly wasn't an impediment for the first two.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Really hard not to see a billion unless the reviews are outright awful.

It's rated R and that will cut off a portion of the audience.

What it's got going for it Dom will be around at least  100M+ more than joker.

Definitely ain't releasing in china.

Don't think it's getting to joker 735m.

A billion looks more likely but it wouldn't surprise me if it misses too and it really doesn't need awful wom . Something like A- ish/B+  reception .

Renolds is the only thing making me confident maybe it turns out great because the cameofest in this is quite big and with all the multiverse shenanigans  it could easily turn into a mess.

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Would people be mad if he didn’t get to wear the mask? 

For me no problem, to be honest in the comics i liked him more without the mask.