kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

26 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The more impressions I read, the more this is looking like another Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder-level mess. I'm not surprised whatsoever given the hasty start during a writers' strike, but I'm disappointed all the same. I can't even imagine how much bigger of a mess Captain America 4 next year is going to be at this point.

This is what I mean when I say anything below 85 is considered the death of the franchise on here

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Always these over intellectual critics who write like they are descended from a dictionary to diss fun.

I don't trust anyone who thinks writing overcomplicated words pass off as critique.

I can't lie, this is an embarrassing post.

• Like 12

Movies like this are supposed to be love letters to fans.

Casual and hardcore fans go crazy for Easter egg love letter films like Engame and No Way Home.

And no one described Dr Strange 2, Thor 4 or Madame Web that way so stop the cap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Always these over intellectual critics who write like they are descended from a dictionary to diss fun.

I don't trust anyone who thinks writing overcomplicated words pass off as critique.

Honestly anyone using the word "onanism" in their critique of a film can just f*ck right off, unless of course the film features some dude jacking himself off onscreen, and it is a Deadpool movie so who tf knows.

50 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There's some good popcorn bucket adventures.

What a crybaby that Elhrich guy is. Got something for free and watched a film in advance, yet whining about his own life decisions. Man imagine being this sad!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

What a crybaby that Elhrich guy is. Got something for free and watched a film in advance, yet whining about his own life decisions. Man imagine being this sad!

It’s just a joke about disliking some movie. How we’re talking about people’s personal lives now because of a movie? 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Its weird because some reviews are comparing it to No Way Home and Endgame and others clearly absolutely despised it. Not really anything in between.

Again, Mario was always the vibe, in that story and character work are secondary and held by shoestring but the action sequences, fun vibes and fanservice carry it a lot except don’t see enough reviewers to get it to the negatives. If you really please the fans and GA, film quality doesn’t matter at the slightest. A range from 65-80% on RT felt right from the jump, especially when Shawn Levy’s best reviewed movie is Free Guy at 80%.

Edited by YM!

Typically, there has been very strong correlation between critic reception and GA reception for MCU movies. It would be interesting if this was the first to significantly buck that trend (also the critic reception still isn’t very clear just wait for actual review embargo lol)