kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

No it's not. You're assuming bad faith for no solid reason. 

Have you seen the guys tweets? He’s a popular film critic on the platform. His reaction is expected imo.

Moderation

How about instead of getting angry that some random critic is being hyperbolic over a superhero movie, you guys could just...ignore it? This "grr critics bad" nonsense some users have been doing has already gotten old, and we don't need it here. Please move on.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I’ve seen most of these people praising SHM before, i don’t think the problem is the genre. 

Many of these short tweets is less about the movie itself and more about the implications of it, what it represents in modern cinema which is indeed dreadful, and i like these movies (overall). No movie exists in a vacuum so it’s very fair imo that the cultural and production aspects around it can be part of a review.

How long can you sustain an industry making movies that cares the most about throwing everything fans want in their faces? I do think there’s something interesting to create about it in movies, i don’t know if they did in this one because i’m watching on SAT, but conceptually it makes sense to question these things. You can see this discussion more clearly in the more lengthy reviews of the movie.

I think people gets mad at this type of opinions because they can’t accept that reviews always have personal opinions in them and usually includes outside factors in them. People praising it falls in the same category, but people accept it because it’s closer to what they want to hear. When it’s a bad review, most people want some neutral analytical texts that is just anti-criticism in it’s core.

Anyway, this is a bit too long than i would like, but i just think we should be able to read bad reviews or more cultural critical pieces and be fine with it, they’re not some personal attack neither should make you like it less.

The implications?

Deadpool movies are goofy adult humor. This Deadpool is filled with fanservice and nostalgia. There's obvious demand for this. 

You guys want Hollywood to stop making Deadpool movies and leave billions at the table?

Why? Because Deadpool movies and the Oppenheimer's can't co-exist? They absolutely can co-exist.

A diverse market is not the end of cinema. Some people want Oscar bait and plenty others want popcorn films.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

I guess I just see it as a Deadpool movie. Deadpool is what is it and it was marketed as such with rumours of big cameos, gore, silly jokes and all that. 

This is very fair, you can and should watch anything with whatever mindset and expectations you want from them. 

It’s just similar fair imo that some people might want to watch it as a part of a bigger cultural moment that is in crisis. 

I don’t think they don’t get it what audiences like about these movies, it’s truly just another way of engage with art, it’s all valuable but for some reason always get in these “they’re stupid morons” area.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

Moderation

How about instead of getting angry that some random critic is being hyperbolic over a superhero movie, you guys could just...ignore it? This "grr critics bad" nonsense some users have been doing has already gotten old, and we don't need it here. Please move on.

A critic says this is the end of cinema and someone claims that's critical thinking and we're not supposed to address it?

Ok.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The implications?

Deadpool movie are goofy adult humor. This Deadpool is filled with fanservice and nostalgia. There's obvious demand for these. 

You guys want Hollywood to stop making Deadpool movies and leave billions at the table?

Why? Because Deadpool movies and the Oppenheimer's can't co-exist? They absolutely can co-exist.

A diverse market is not the end of cinema. Some people want Oscar bait and plenty others want popcorn films.

Look, all “demand” is artificially build, no one born wanting any movie for that matter, much less SH ones. I don’t want any industry to stop making any movies, i just can see clearly that while these movies can co-exist with other types of stuff, they usually don’t and this problem are getting bigger, so is it really “diverse market”? No man, in my country 95% of screens are showing Deadpool, i can’t watch anything else even if i want, this is cultural monopoly and should be questioned as a part of the cinema crisis, even if i like the movies. 

I think i made myself clear, i don’t know if this falls in the moderation alert tbh, if it does i’m sorry. 

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is very fair, you can and should watch anything with whatever mindset and expectations you want from them. 

It’s just similar fair imo that some people might want to watch it as a part of a bigger cultural moment that is in crisis. 

I don’t think they don’t get it what audiences like about these movies, it’s truly just another way of engage with art, it’s all valuable but for some reason always get in these “they’re stupid morons” area.

Yeah no you’re exactly right.

I think the best thing to do is for me to delete all social media and live in my own world to enjoy what I want 😂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Deadpool is not four quadrant. It's not for families, seniors or prudes.

I doubt critics would like it simply with more toon physics. Son of the Mask had toon physics. :sparta:

The only people it’s not for are people who can’t legally watch it because they’re too young. Pretty sure plenty of adults within a family are watching this and so are probably a bunch of seniors. The audience for this isn’t going to look that much different from a typical superhero flick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Look, all “demand” is artificially build, no one born wanting any movie for that matter, much less SH ones. I don’t want any industry to stop making any movies, i just can see clearly that while these movies can co-exist with other types of stuff, they usually don’t and this problem are getting bigger, so is it really “diverse market”? No man, in my country 95% of screens are showing Deadpool, i can’t watch anything else even if i want, this is cultural monopoly and should be questioned as a part of the cinema crisis, even if i like the movies. 

I think i made myself clear, i don’t know if this falls in the moderation alert tbh, if it does i’m sorry. 

I'm not allowed to debate the merits of Deadpool in a Deadpool thread so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

So is Deadpool imploding OS? The numbers don't seem too promising

No. Some are just cherry picking numbers on purpose to make it seem bad. Nobody posted that it for example had a bigger OD then MoM in Italy. Wonder why🤷‍♂️.  Mexico number is still very good. It will open close to $20M. It’s doing the opposite of imploding. 

Just now, thajdikt said:

No. Some are just cherry picking numbers on purpose to make it seem bad. Nobody posted that it for example had a bigger OD then MoM in Italy. Wonder why🤷‍♂️.  Mexico number is still very good. It will open close to $20M. It’s doing the opposite of imploding. 

This thread has decided that 81% is "critically maligned", don't even bother

• Like 2

These posts from the critics who hated this movie's guts, if anything, make me even more interested in the movie than I already was before. Like, in a world where the likes of Morbius and Madame Web exist, why is Deadpool 3 getting this much vitriol from a particular crowd? There's no way in hell the latter is worse than the two pieces of utter shit from Sony. There's just no way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

So uh how's everyone's Thursday going?

Enduring work and waiting for the weekday #s.

It's a given that Deadpool is gonna be big so I'm more interested in how Twisters holds.

The positive and negative critics all point to this movie being 100% Grade A USDA Certified Reddit Slop. Which is probably what's causing the divide between loving or hating this film. Are you REDDIT Enough or Not? My tickets have been secured for this Sunday Night to answer this very daunting question. 

I Wonder what will be their reactions if it passes Oppenheimer in box office 

I mean it is 100% passing dune but if it passes Oppenheimer it will be like 9/11 in film twitter