kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Wil this beat Passions DOM record just this weekend? I've never been good with guessing weekday grosses but the way it's going that seems possible 

Yes, approx 385 sun cume

7 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Bit of a non sequitur but

What in the fresh hell is this. If you want to stretch for an HM or too, finnnnnnne, but good god man

You see I put a great value into my metacritic research throughout the years and I’ve developed a scientific method why my movie beats your movie because according with this spreadsheet I’ve made it gives me great pleasure to point out how 85% is peak but 79% isn’t allow me to explain you why 

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Wil this beat Passions DOM record just this weekend? I've never been good with guessing weekday grosses but the way it's going that seems possible 

Unless it craters 70% this weekend (doubt), it will.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

You see I put a great value into my metacritic research throughout the years and I’ve developed a scientific method why my movie beats your movie because according with this spreadsheet I’ve made it gives me great pleasure to point out how 85% is peak but 79% isn’t allow me to explain you why 

No I want to be very clear — I have absolutely no interest in that whole debate.  

What I find hilarious is a “top 10” list with 16+ items :hahaha:

11 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Bit of a non sequitur but

What in the fresh hell is this. If you want to stretch for an HM or too, finnnnnnne, but good god man

Seems to be more like a ranking of all films based on weighted average calculated from individual critic top 10 lists. 

Just now, Menor the Destroyer said:

Seems to be more like a ranking of all films based on weighted average calculated from individual critic top 10 lists. 

This is a coherent explanation but a very silly name for such an object imo

6 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

this comp just doesn't hold because there's a real superlative edge to The Batman's reviews that's getting washed out in your data but was obviously there in people's experience of the "critical consensus." There's a massive 16 point metacritic gap and the batman slotted in at 16th in metacritics "top 10 films of the year" aggregation. https://web.archive.org/web/20230204061831/https://www.metacritic.com/feature/film-critics-pick-10-best-movies-of-2022?ref=hp

Metacritic shouldn't be used for judging movies imo. It's good for games but not for movies 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Metacritic shouldn't be used for judging movies imo. It's good for games but not for movies 

Metacritic is basically legacy publications. And there is no influx of novice and random bloggers who don't have much writing experience.

Problem with RT is way too many critics and bloggers with ver little  writing skills. Conditions for  entry are way too lenient.

7 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Well the way people were talking, or seemed this would get rotten lol, is currently what 78/79% 

So it has the same RT score as The Hangover,  the best recieved R rated comedy of the past 15 years? Not bad

• Like 1

Industry morning estimates D&W at $25.3M Tuesday, +5% over Monday.

it’s not Disney estimates yet.

Via: Deadline.

Edited by leoh

18 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Deadpool and Wolverine is hovering around an 80% critics score, currently at 79%, with a 97% audiences score. The Batman has a 85% critics score with a 87% audiences score. You are going out of your way to try prove that this film wasn’t received well and calling them mid.

It’s not true. Regardless how much paragraphs you write it.