kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

20 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So the highest grossing G, PG, PG-13, and R-rated movies officially all belong to Disney. That’s kinda scary to think about…

NC-17 when

Congrats to the film but i'll make a bit of a digression from the box office, still on the topic of Wolverine.

Rotten Tomatoes is a bottom level scum of a website.

''Logan'' was 2 reviews away from 94% since December. It got them in the last couple of weeks, and the very next day, 2 other reviews mysteriously disappeared and it fell back to 93%. It honestly made me irrationally angry because there's absolutely no chance it's a coincidence. I checked all the other comic book films that have 90%+ tomatometer and none of them were suddenly missing a review, let alone two.

They're basically manipulating the tomatometer without any care in the world. Despicable.

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, The Dark Samurai said:

Congrats to the film but i'll make a bit of a digression from the box office, still on the topic of Wolverine.

''Logan'' was 2 reviews away from 94% since December. It got them in the last couple of weeks, and the very next day, 2 other reviews mysteriously disappeared and it fell back to 93%. It honestly made me irrationally angry because there's absolutely no chance it's a coincidence. I checked all the other comic book films that have 90%+ tomatometer and none of them were suddenly missing a review, let alone two.

They're basically manipulating the tomatometer without any care in the world. Despicable.

That’s something worthy spreading awareness of, if you are keeping tabs on that.

21 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s something worthy spreading awareness of, if you are keeping tabs on that.

I agree but i have no idea how. They deserve to be publicly shamed for that. And it's not the first time something like this has happened but never this egregious where they obviously manipulate the score. It's notable that it's not just one review, because the very next fresh review would've taken it to 94%, so they're making sure it stays at 93%.

On top of that, i just went to archive.org and in February 2024, the film had 402 fresh/28 rotten, a fresh review away from 94% but once AGAIN someone deleted a review, so that's why it was 2 fresh reviews away from 94% since then instead of one. 

Basically, as soon as it closes in on 94% or crosses it, someone starts removing reviews until it drops down.

Edited by The Dark Samurai

3 hours ago, The Dark Samurai said:

I agree but i have no idea how. They deserve to be publicly shamed for that. And it's not the first time something like this has happened but never this egregious where they obviously manipulate the score. It's notable that it's not just one review, because the very next fresh review would've taken it to 94%, so they're making sure it stays at 93%.

On top of that, i just went to archive.org and in February 2024, the film had 402 fresh/28 rotten, a fresh review away from 94% but once AGAIN someone deleted a review, so that's why it was 2 fresh reviews away from 94% since then instead of one. 

Basically, as soon as it closes in on 94% or crosses it, someone starts removing reviews until it drops down.

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

13 hours ago, The Dark Samurai said:

James Mangold seems to have made enemies in powerful places I see

On 8/16/2024 at 11:47 AM, WittyUsername said:

So the highest grossing G, PG, PG-13, and R-rated movies officially all belong to Disney. That’s kinda scary to think about…

On 8/16/2024 at 12:08 PM, Cooper Legion said:

NC-17 when

'Punisher Max movie.

Enough time has passed for me, enough rewatches in theaters. This is my third favorite Marvel movie by far. Behind Engame and Infinity War. Literally everything worked for me in this movie. I´ve been fond of most of the MCU stuff post Endgame unlike most, however this to me feels like something very different. Felt like the good old days when in Phase 3. To me, I don´t think they will top this in the future. 

• Like 2

Now that we’re several weeks in, I’ll say this; in terms of being a (to be absolutely blunt) emotionally manipulative nostalgic fanservice fest, I was more taken in by NWH than I was by this. Admittedly, that’s probably more a consequence of the fact that NWH did it first, so D&W would obviously seem less novel as a result. Of course, NWH is also a movie that I and many other people would argue doesn’t really hold up great once you get past the initial rush, so I have no clue if D&W well fare better in that regard.

One thing I do know is that I don’t find Deadpool’s hyper-meta Reddit style humor to be nearly as funny or novel as it was in 2016, so I can’t say I was laughing my ass off when I watched this, but the crowd I was with definitely loved it. 

Edited by WittyUsername

On 8/16/2024 at 6:47 PM, WittyUsername said:

Avatar belongs to Cameron’s Lightstorm tbf…

Here's the thing, some of the cameos I didn't care because I haven't seen those movies, not do I have any attachments to them. 

So they were just more movie characters for me and they worked as characters in Deadpool & Wolverine movie.

So it's not like that this won't work for those who are unfamiliar with many of those cameos. That's why I think it's a smartly designed movie.

12 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Enough time has passed for me, enough rewatches in theaters. This is my third favorite Marvel movie by far. Behind Engame and Infinity War. Literally everything worked for me in this movie. I´ve been fond of most of the MCU stuff post Endgame unlike most, however this to me feels like something very different. Felt like the good old days when in Phase 3. To me, I don´t think they will top this in the future. 

It's highly rewatchable, I enjoyed it even more on my third viewing than the second. Might see it a fourth time since the 4K disc release will be so far away!