kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

If it wasn’t before, this being a monster hit is officially a foregone conclusion. I don’t know if I would personally consider that to be a promising sign for the future of the genre, or Hollywood in general, though. It’ll likely just convince Hollywood to continue pushing forward with their fixation on nostalgia. 

19 minutes ago, Hades said:

Feige is stuck with the FOX -men even post Secret Wars ...They are not going anywhere..

I don't see why (or, in some cases...how?) that'd be the case. I know there's rumors of some weird contractual shit with the actors but by the time the X-Men reboot will come around there's no way those would still be in effect.

The FoX-Men contract sounds like baloney. After the success of X-Men 97, the MCU X-Men reboot has already been fast-tracked.

It's more likely that Feige has a special connect with the Fox X-Men films as he started his career with those films, wanting to give them a proper send-off with Secret Wars and do justice to folks whose characters were treated poorly like Marsden and Berry. And the multiverse aspect allows for the Fox universe actors to appear in the MCU.

The idea they're locked into the Fox casts has never made any sense, in no small part due to the fact that...Fox wasn't either. They've recast several major characters. It's hard to believe they're contractually required to use Marsdens Cyclops for instance when the last movie Cyclops appeared in didn't 

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 10:03 AM, Legion Again said:

Last 6 mcu did poorly welcome to Doomer Legion era

IK it's insane to quote after 4 months but you hit the nail on the head perfectly with this one

Multiverse of Madness/Thor 4/AM3 - Poor compared to what it could've done if it was good (like how do you open to 450M and not reach 1B, horrible legs!)

GOTG 3 - Poor compared to what it could've done if other movies were good

BP2 - Big underperformance compared to BP1

The Marvels - Ummmmmm

So yeah, last 6 MCU movies all did poorly in some unique way. You're not wrong.

Edited by HummingLemon496

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That seems unlikely, especially if there’s some gay jokes. 

I haven't checked Once Upon a Deadpool in a bit but I'm 99% certain they kept NTW and Yukio being unambiguously a couple.

Edit: went back to check and none of the coverage of the changes mentions any censorship of that kind in the English version at least, just mostly focused on the swearing and gore 

Edited by SpiderByte