kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I want it to succeed but I was expecting RT score closer to 85% like the first 2. 70-75% is not great.

I mean...how in earth was this getting there?

I think Guardians 3 only doing 82% is truly the sign that it has changed forever. Forget past comps. Something has changed deeply. Either with Thor 4 or Quantumania. This is the new normal.

Edited by justnumbers

L&T opened in mid 80s and dropped in 60s . Don't think it can . But hey it still below 100 reviews.

MC is not that far from Quantumania and marvels.

Its definitely gonna make it's money and probably please the audience.  

But storywise it seems MCU still has some issues to deal with bse even the positives are definitely commenting on how poor the story is.

And 2025 won't be kind if those continue. 

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Twister said:

And he hasn’t even showed up in anything since then, so it makes the gap feel more noticeable than it actually is.

That's the biggest flaw of no Avengers film or any sort of team up film since Endgame. 

34 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Pirates 2 was a 54. If it makes money, they won't care. Not a great score there though. 

I re-watched pirates 2 a few days ago after 10 or so years; was a lot of fun but I can definitely see where the 54 might have come from 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

These are quotes from two separate reviews (spoilered just in case...):

Spoiler

Deadpool & Wolverine has been billed as a Marvel Cinematic Universe story, but it isn’t, really. Apart from a brief gag scene early in the film, Deadpool never sets foot in the MCU’s Earth-616 for any Deadpool-y derring-do.

In order to properly appreciate this movie you need to have an advanced degree in The Complete History Of Marvel Movies & TV with a minor in Filmography And Personal Lives Of Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman.

I genuinely do not understand what people want from this film, so the reviews confuse me rather than convince me of anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

That's the biggest flaw of no Avengers film or any sort of team up film since Endgame. 

I honestly don’t get why to up the stakes each Avengers if 5 was falling anyways. Do a Masters of Evil or Ultron returns to establish your new leads which boosts their films in turn.

27 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

LMAO days of meltdowns and it opens with a mid-80s RT score.

What a day hahahahahahhahaha

Imagine posting on a box office site about the doom and gloom of an 80%+ RT score and an almost $200 mil OW. Wild stuff.

its clearly not a normal 80%+ RT score, though

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

It’s even lower with 21 lol

The fact that ya'll just decided to ignore RT and focus on Metacritic kind of confirms this thread has been taken over by concern trolls.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The fact that ya'll just decided to ignore RT and focus on Metacritic kind of confirms this thread has been taken over by concern trolls.

I mean I kinda agree with you

However DW top critics score on RT is only 63% right now. This usually means coming reviews are dropping the general score to under 80% or even under 75% 

14 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I re-watched pirates 2 a few days ago after 10 or so years; was a lot of fun but I can definitely see where the 54 might have come from 

The blockbuster spectacle and action filmmaking and VFX and lunacy of it. Certainly overstuffed but a great summer blockbuster. It would be received better today than it was when it released. The to be continued thing was something that annoyed people a lot more them. Now every movie does it.

2 minutes ago, leoh said:

I mean I kinda agree with you

However DW top critics score on RT is only 63% right now. This usually means coming reviews are dropping the general score to under 80% or even under 75% 

We are obviously moving away from traditional publications (most reviewers used to work for NEWSPAPERS can you imagine) and toward fan sites. In other words, expect splits like this to continue to widen. 

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

At World's End might be even better... Love both though even with their flaws. Verbinski directed the heck outta those movies.

Davy Jones is the second most iconic character behind Jack Sparrow. That tells me how the legacy of the second Pirates film has endured!