kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

You all still going about RT 

Omg

75 or 85 

Nothing will literally change. It's pretty clear reception from critics is lukewarm 

So let's just wait for audience. It won't get any last minute review push in sales and that's fine.

I just saw this movie in HK. It's really The Flash 2.0 cuz you can see the exact same pitch from this one.

Even though I think general audience will be more gentle to this movie than Flash due to the love for those characters. but to be honest, there is no essentially difference between them...At least Keaton nailed it (Hugh is fine, it's just there is no character.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

The fresh tomato, with a fairly high percentage score at that, is what people will look at. There won't be a negative effect from reviews. Whether or not the critical lukewarm reception is reflected in audiences is obviously what will determine the movies trajectory from Saturday on. We're talking the difference between 350 total and 450+...

the RT binary being characteristically flattering to an MCU movie, but I did correctly predict “irreverent” would be somewhere in the consensus :lol:

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

I thought it was pretty great. Action was sick and 65% of the humour hit for me. Leagues better than the Flash imo, especially in how they use legacy characters, actually have a likeable lead and successfully manage to reinforce the messages of the film in an emotionally rewarding and cohesive ending. (the endings of the two films are in staaark contrast of each other).

Probably like a 7-8/10 for me. I struggle to see a world where this isn't a hit with its target audience, but I understand where a lot of the negative reviews are coming from. If I hadn't grown up in the era of filmmaking this movie celebrates, I'd be pretty numb to a lot of it. 

Edited by SaltyPistola
  • Like 6
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I just saw this movie in HK. It's really The Flash 2.0 cuz you can see the exact same pitch from this one.

Even though I think general audience will be more gentle to this movie than Flash due to the love for those characters. but to be honest, there is no essentially difference between them...At least Keaton nailed it (Hugh is fine, it's just there is no character.)

Movie has 10x better action, humor, score, score, pacing, story, how it uses cameos and especially third act then The Flash. 10X the movie. If you watched the movie and thought Hugh was just there and had no character then I wonder if you watched some other movie. They couldn´t be further apart.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Surprisingly initial reception in SK isn't very good.

There was always a chance the Easter eggs and humor wouldn't translate well overseas.

The action might be enough for a billie though.

80% aint bad. I dont tend to trust critics (especially top critics) with comedies anyway as I've yet to meet a funny critic.

Definitely seems the director was a boring choice though

1 minute ago, Jaxon5 said:

80% aint bad. I dont tend to trust critics (especially top critics) with comedies anyway as I've yet to meet a funny critic.

Definitely seems the director was a boring choice though

Any other director within the bulk that Marvel would have chosen from this does not work at all. Shawn isn´t the problem. His direction makes the movie stand out..

5 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Any other director within the bulk that Marvel would have chosen from this does not work at all. Shawn isn´t the problem. His direction makes the movie stand out..

Sorry but none of of the trailers are anywhere near as stylish as the aftion from the first deadpool on a quarter of the budget.  Levy is just a boring filmmaker

41 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Movie has 10x better action, humor, score, score, pacing, story, how it uses cameos and especially third act then The Flash. 10X the movie. If you watched the movie and thought Hugh was just there and had no character then I wonder if you watched some other movie. They couldn´t be further apart.

There is also a big difference between them.

Both movies will have old characters, cameos & references, but only one of them will have characters who general audience will find more appealing. 

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

2 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

Sorry but none of of the trailers are anywhere near as stylish as the aftion from the first deadpool on a quarter of the budget.  Levy is just a boring filmmaker

And yet this one is so much better than the first one, but it can get the "quarter of the budget" participation trophy

People like Deadpool, Wolverine and Fox Era of X Men has its own legacy, as up or down those movies were.

An average person is more likely to enjoy what Deadpool & Wolverine do compared to what Flash & Flash does or a Batman from 35 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

And yet this one is so much better than the first one, but it can get the "quarter of the budget" participation trophy

Well the WOM so far does not indicate that at all does it? Deadpool has a higher critics rating and IMDB score than Shawn's entire filmography.  

It can take the 'more profitable' film trophy too

9 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Only few countries getting it two days early is weird. I mean how does that prevent spoilers if they were really serious about it. There are so much stuff on YouTube/X already.

It's more that it's releasing on traditional opening days in those countries more than anything. The only truly global simultaneous launch was Matrix Revolutions in 03, timed to have the first screening globally at the same time. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Only few countries getting it two days early is weird. I mean how does that prevent spoilers if they were really serious about it. There are so much stuff on YouTube/X already.

Not every country traditionally opens movies on friday...

22 minutes ago, Alexander said:

It's basically The Flash incl childish humor but audience will be more forgiving because they love Hugh and there's less of weird elements like that cgi and awful lead.

I was really hoping the humour would he good. Been almost a decade since the last watchable R rated comedy