kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

OS data so far (compared to Multiverse of Madness, which made 545m OS):

- Japan OD: 1/3 of MoM

- South Korea OD: less than 1/3 of MoM

- France OD (Paris data so far): 1/3 of MoM (under the first 2 Deadpools)

Of course, there are variations (Olympics) and these are not apples to apples but OS is weaker than expected, at least out of the gate.

Edited by James
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, James said:

Both Japan and SK opened on Holidays IIRC for MoM.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Both Japan and SK opened on Holidays IIRC for MoM.

Fair enough, but its also off about -15 to -30% from GOTG 3 in all 3 territories.GOTG had the exact same release date last year. That one made 486m OS. Just trying to say that I expected a bit stronger numbers so far, that’s all.

Fyi, I still expect this to make around 500m OS because the WOM seems better than for MoM and there isn’t that much competition. But unless it turns out the WOM is stellar I don’t see 1 billion.

Edited by James

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

they've always had this feature. Used to be called Cream of the Crop. I guess it makes sense for there to be a section for critics at legacy publications.

Considering the state of legacy media, maybe RT should rethink the top critics.

5 minutes ago, James said:

Fair enough, but its also off about -15 to -30% from GOTG 3 in all 3 territories.GOTG had the exact same release date last year. That one made 486m OS. Just trying to say that I expected a bit stronger numbers so far, that’s all.

Let's just say in India it shall open bigger on Opening Day what GOTG 3 made in Opening Weekend 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Let's just say in India it shall open bigger on Opening Day what GOTG 3 made in Opening Weekend 

I edited my previous post, but you quoted before I did. I still think this will make around 500m OS because the WOM looks better than for MoM + less competition. But unless the WOM is stellar I can’t see 1 billion yet.

Edited by James

6 minutes ago, James said:

Fyi, I still expect this to make around 500m OS because the WOM seems better than for MoM and there isn’t that much competition. But unless it turns out the WOM is stellar I don’t see 1 billion.

I think it will go higher due to Latin America. There it should beat DS2 and this movie has China.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James said:

That´s helluva conclusion based on 2 markets and one city in one market. It is crushing Guardians in Norway. Better to wait until we got a whole days data from every market tomorrow.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, James said:

Of course, there are variations (Olympics) and these are not apples to apples but OS is weaker than expected, at least out of the gate.

MOM had terrible legs. But expect OS to come around that number. Wom is good but not stellar so expecting pretty normal OS run.

Something like 200-230m opening and 550m -600m finish.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1

MoM had BVS-tier legs. This will be better. Summer weekdays will also help. Also, this has China and the Middle East. Even if it falls short of MoM WW bow it will surely pass it in total and very likely reach $1b.

• Like 1