kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Lots of great free entertainment on here today! MoMs are MoMmying, bloggers need new diapers, Travis Kelce’s girlfriend is in the mix, and some inspiring discourse on modern cinematic critique

So yeah, lock me in for $210m OW. Catching this tonight at the El Capitan!

With 400-450 opening with 210m Dom opening weekend it means the 1.Billion is locked unless this dies out of being trash just like Superman vs Batman which is unlikely. With that kind of opening the 1.Billion is locked and not to forget it will have like 18-20 days of summer week days on top of that. 

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 2

Saw it in IMAX 3D. The 3D was forced onto us by the cinema in every IMAX showing for the first 3 days to bump up prices, annoying, but actually the 3D in the opening was pretty good.

Film has lots of funny jokes and gore, but the story is pretty tiring by the end (we’ve seen this multiverse stuff too much) and it all started to get a bit tedious if I’m honest. 

Hugh is the MVP. 

3/5 

47 minutes ago, iamjesuisiam said:

I really like this French review

'The MCU is becoming more and more like a self-centered cinematic construct, aimed solely at die-hard fans. The best jokes are undoubtedly those - brilliantly meta - that refer to current superheroic events... but here again, we're talking to a niche within a niche. After the midnight showings, it's a safe bet that some of these winks will go completely over the public's head. (Does your family know 'Kevin'?) The film pushes cynicism to the limit by joking about the quality of the Multiverse Saga... while at the same time contributing to the problem, with a plot that barely holds together.'

Just reminded me of why I don't have a high opinion of the French Intellegensia in general.

The thing he does not like..that the MCU can laugh at itself...is soemthing I really like.

But then French Intellectuals have never been known for having a sense of humor.

Edited by dudalb

With all the OS talk, GOTG3 is shaping up to be THE comp actually (at least in the OS markets we have data from)

So far DP3 is ahead of GOTG3 in:

- France (but not by much)

- India

- Indonesia

- Brazil

- Nordics

- Mexico

And behind GOTG3 in:

- South Korea

- Japan

- China is also a pretty safe bet. GOTG3 had amazing legs there but who knows.

Overall I think this will balance out. Imo I still see around 500m. We’ll see how it progresses. As for this weekend, my guess is around 190-195m OS. For what it’s worth, I think the Deadline’s 360m WW start will come pretty close. I see around 385m or so.

Edited by James

19 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Lots of great free entertainment on here today! MoMs are MoMmying, bloggers need new diapers, Travis Kelce’s girlfriend is in the mix, and some inspiring discourse on modern cinematic critique

So yeah, lock me in for $210m OW. Catching this tonight at the El Capitan!

Not sure I can go up to 210 Million OW, but that this film will be  huge hit has been obvious from day one.

I have not seen the film and so will offer no opinion as to it's quality..I never stan for films I have not seen....., but people love Ryan as Deadpool, and people love Jackman as Wolverine, and really, really , want to see them together for longer then a quick cameo.  That is a critic proof concept. There are some films where the critics can hurt a film, others that they can't, this is one of the latter.

Edited by dudalb

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

China is a part of that $400 mil OW. Also theatrical windows don’t really matter. MoM would’ve made the same amount of money if it released on home video a year later.

Interesitng thing about China is that it is simply not as big a deal to Hollywood as it used to be.

IMHO with China getting more and more restrictive as to which Western films it allows into theater, and that relations between China and the West seem to be going into the dumperm they have resigned themselves that the China market as far as theaters go might just vanish. 

2 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Is above and will be around 50% for full OW so is all good. It's Multiverse of Madness the one that is ahead.

Wasn’t GOTG3 57.8m lc, compared to 57m for DP3? Or did that GOTG figure include the Wednesday previews?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Is above and will be around 50% for full OW so is all good. It's Multiverse of Madness the one that is ahead.

How does it compare to other R rated movies like Oppenheimer and joker ?

11 minutes ago, James said:

Wasn’t GOTG3 57.8m lc, compared to 57m for DP3? Or did that GOTG figure include the Wednesday previews?

Edited by leoh

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

How about we wait and see how the weekend progresses and WOM goes before we start going nuts about the overall performance?

Both sides on this are taking turns in going over the top in their predictions.

It wil be a huge hit, yes, but wait to see exactly how huge.

In France, ‘Deadpool and Wolverine’ OD made USD 2.3M, less than

Thor Love And Thunder’s $2.9M, 343k admissions, 
Multiverse of Madness’s $2.9M, 335k admissions 
No Way Home’s 4.8M, 476k admissions

• Like 1

This was hilarious. Please watch it with a full crowd - so much fun. Story truly isn't anything to write home about but man, it was fun. 

Hope this hits $200m OW and finishes with $500m DOM.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

This was hilarious. Please watch it with a full crowd - so much fun. Story truly isn't anything to write home about but man, it was fun. 

Hope this hits $200m OW and finishes with $500m DOM.

Deadpool movie never had a story...

this is why I didnt like it too much

Edited by fabiopazzo2