kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

On 6/23/2023 at 5:57 PM, Eric Bunny said:

"multiverse story"

73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-be

Yep. Still relevant. It's so obvious Feige has no more ideas outside of using this multiverse contrivance BS for some fan service pandering. And even then, who is actually excited about Jennifer Garner back as Elektra? Nobody. Not one person.

They should have ended this after Endgame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 4

8 minutes ago, YM! said:

Sigh. So Deadpool is going to be another multiverse movie huh.

We've kind of known this for a while, to be fair. The film was literally pitched as a road trip across the multiverse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

Sigh. So Deadpool is going to be another multiverse movie huh.

This movie low-key seems very poorly timed. The leaked plot makes this movie seem awfully similar to The Flash, a movie that was rejected worldwide. Of course, the execution is everything, but I wonder if just treading similar ground is enough for audiences to reject this too.

A lot is riding on this and The Marvels being good. If this screws up, this basically will ruin the little momentum the multiverse saga has going for it. Phase 4 though very profitable was had similar mixed reception as the DCEU before the pandemic. If this gets similar reception, I think there’s not much else for the franchise to go outside of Avengers and Spidey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This movie low-key seems very poorly timed. The leaked plot makes this movie seem awfully similar to The Flash, a movie that was rejected worldwide. Of course, the execution is everything, but I wonder if just treading similar ground is enough for audiences to reject this too.

I think Deadpool 3 might be fine simply by nature of it being a comedy and having Reynolds as Deadpool and Jackman as Wolverine. Obviously if the film isn't good that will affect it in the long term but it will at least have a massive opening unlike The Flash which basically collapsed day one.

Edited by LegionWrex
typos

I quite liked the Deadpool movies, especially the 2nd. They're the best vehicle for Ryan Reynolds. But his movies with Shawn Levy suck (Levy cannot direct action either) and not sure Marvel will allow as much creative freedom. What worked about the Deadpool movies was the underlying heart and emotion at the center. These were passion projects with sincerity that complimented the wacky tone well. I'm afraid this will lack the heart

Not to mention, there's this WGA strike happening and a possible SAG strike lol

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I quite liked the Deadpool movies, especially the 2nd. They're the best vehicle for Ryan Reynolds. But his movies with Shawn Levy suck (Levy cannot direct action either) and not sure Marvel will allow as much creative freedom. What worked about the Deadpool movies was the underlying heart and emotion at the center. These were passion projects with sincerity that complimented the wacky tone well. I'm afraid this will lack the heart

Not to mention, there's this WGA strike happening and a possible SAG strike lol

Free Guy is AMAZING and shock full of action. Like… what?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Free Guy was ass and this sounds so fucking lame. Jackman pumped his 50+ year old body with steroids for this? I hope he gets some bad-ass action scenes at least, but not counting on it with Levy

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

Free Guy is aight and the definition of a 3/5. It’s my youngest cousin’s favorite movie and I’ve watched it to the point of numbness due to it lol.

Edited by YM!
  • Haha 1