CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

In the week before their departure to Arrakis, when all the final scurrying about had reached a nearly unbearable frenzy, an old crone came to visit the mother of the boy, Paul.

One of the most famous opening senteneces in Science Fiction.

Maybe we will get a great movie based on a great Sci Fi classic, since most attempts to film classic Sci Fi novels fall way short.

Actually the Sci Novel I would like to see filmed again is "Starship Troopers" but this time stick to the book.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Yes they can. Wanda is their parent company after all, otherwise Legendary would be at the risk of being bankrupt.

I assume the final budget will be 75% Legendary and 25% WB like their Monsterverse films and Pikachu, Pacific Rim.

Maybe, but for a venture this expensive and this risky, you would probably want to spread the cost around as much as possible.

5 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I assume the final budget will be 75% Legendary and 25% WB like their Monsterverse films and Pikachu, Pacific Rim.

Is it really that clean and low amount of player's ?

Last Pacific Rim:

Production Companies

Pikachu: 

Production Companies

And I imagine that many private fund /venture capital not dedicated to movie are not listed in those.

Maybe they will take a swing on something like Dune too, apparently Universal went all-in on the $175-$200M Dolittle, from time to time I imagine the big player's do take huge risk on some franchise starter.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Universal partnered with Team Downey (production company) for Dolittle. 

I would not assume that mean they put money in it because they got a producing credit and profit participation too. I could check but it is really common for big names to have their production company credited.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would not assume that mean they put money in it because they got a producing credit and profit participation too. I could check but it is really common for big names to have their production company credited.

And a lot of the time it is just a "courtesy credit".

I understand, n the US at least, highly paid actors start productions companies for the tax advanatages it gives them as much as anything.

Of course Legendary also invests in what is basically other people's projects; for instance, they came on board the Jurassic World movies only after all the creative decisions had been made;they were allowed to invest in the film and had little to do with the actually making of the film.

When the head of Legendary,Thomas Tull,  claimed credit for the success of Jurassic World, that pissed off Universal management, who are the ones who made the creative decisions and felt he was claiming credit he had no right to. That was one of the things that led to Thomas Tull's b eing forced out of his what was once his own company. Tull had a rare ability to piss off his business partners. He managed to alientate both Warners and Universal management.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I understand, n the US at least, highly paid actors start productions companies for the tax advanatages it gives them as much as anything.

Do they gain much versus the LLC they already had before making them ?