CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

11 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

What studio do you trust?

I just don't see a way that this turns out to successful no matter who does it, especially if they are trying to kickstart a franchise, although my only exposure to the property is the David Lynch film, but I think that may be the case for a lot of other people as well. As far as Legendary goes, I'm curious as to if/when the Wanda Group starts to get more hands-on with the production side.

38 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

I just don't see a way that this turns out to successful no matter who does it, especially if they are trying to kickstart a franchise, although my only exposure to the property is the David Lynch film, but I think that may be the case for a lot of other people as well. As far as Legendary goes, I'm curious as to if/when the Wanda Group starts to get more hands-on with the production side.

I don't know who made the one I watched.  It had Sting in it.  It wasn't 'right', but it got the eeriness right.  I hope they plan to do it properly.  The book is amazing.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I smell a disaster incoming, I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed. The book itself cannot be squeezed in one movie even 3 hours long, but it doesn't need Hobbit-like stretch into 3 movies either. Moreover, Hollywood is primarily interested in money shots while dept is secondary and this book isn't about giant worms and crazy powers, but is deeply philosophical. 

I honestly don't see any of current directors who have blockbusters on their resume fit for this material. Especially writer/directors. 

• Like 1

Good luck with this.  But considering Paramount couldn't get it off the ground in any form for the past ten years or so, I'm not holding my breath.  Haven't read the books, but I have a perverse love for the Lynch film in its own way; nothing will ever quite replicate the feeling, mood, style, attitude of that piece, regardless of how much people feel like it accurately or inaccurately reflects the texts.

• Like 1