FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

This is awesome for Moana and I'm happy for it and supreme overload Disney. 

Moana should do over $300M like I originally predicted but not over $350M due to Sing and RO, so my club is still alive, just need Sing to breakout which I fully expect.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

Oh OK, didn't know that.

I hope you all have a nice thanksgiving.

oh I personally am not an American either but that's very sweet of you and I'll duplicate what you wrote.

Happy thanksgiving, you Americans!

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

While I think the genre as a whole definitely deserves it, to me it's almost scary how successful animation has been this year.

I think only 2010 is the only year that can match 2016's insane animation run. I love every second of this animation slayage.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

I think only 2010 is the only year that can match 2016's insane animation run. I love every second of this animation slayage.

In quality or numbers? Because the numbers record (DOM) belonged to 2013, and that was beat by '16 before even Storks came out.

1 hour ago, Dingdong123 said:

2010 is also the last year an animation won the year with TS3. At this point, I can definitely see Dory taking home at least the domestic crown (unless R1 overperforms).

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

What range is Moana looking at for the 12 day?

This has nothing to do with SOTM 5. :ph34r:

$2.6 million

$12.9 million

$10.8 million 

$24.5 million

$23 million

$15.5 million ($89.3 million 5-day)

$3 million

$4 million

$2.7 million

$2.8 million ($101.8 million 9-day)

$7.5 million 

$14 million

$8.5 million ($132 million 12-day) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

This is awesome for Moana and I'm happy for it and supreme overload Disney. 

Moana should do over $300M like I originally predicted but not over $350M due to Sing and RO, so my club is still alive, just need Sing to breakout which I fully expect.

Saw Moana yesterday and liked it a LOT, very entertaining. But it's not reaching $300m DOM, it will stop at around $220m, well behind Fantastic Beasts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Saw Moana yesterday and liked it a LOT, very entertaining. But it's not reaching $300m DOM, it will stop at around $220m, well behind Fantastic Beasts. 

Dude, stop. Have you not seen the numbers? It's on par with Frozen's opening.

• Like 12