FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Just a fantastic hold for FB, there were several people here saying it would have a 60%+ drop second weekend.  There's absolutely no denying that WOM is very, very strong.  I still don't think this is a family film, or drawing them in, I simply think there wasn't a rush factor for this among HP fans.  They WOULD see it, they just didn't necessarily see it opening weekend.  Interested to see if the demo break downs for this weekend are the same as last.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Guys. Seriously, guys.

filmlover's status at Filmgasm was "Don't Mess with Me" for a reason. You Do. Not. Mess. With. Him. When it comes to being the one most anticipating a given movie. And although it stands with Manchester by the Sea as one of only two films that I strongly suspect could unseat Moonlight as my favorite film of 2016 (unless Silence is in the same Taxi Driver/Raging Bull/Goodfellas/Departed echelon of Scorsese's filmography), I'm definitely not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm anticipating La La Land's release nearly as fervently as he is. @filmlover ;)

Holy shit, filmlover liked this post.  Is that a first?

• Like 1

Wow FB hold, very happy for its fans and the franchise (those 5 movies they planned now look justified, WOM is great and crowds love it).

Moana is doing well and as other already pointed out, Frozen wasn't a phenomenon until Xmas and beyond when it just kept going and going and going. So Moana could do that too or not, we'll see, but it's a success regardless. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is good. But its bcoz of thanksgiving. by next weekend Strange should take back the lead as post thanksgiving drops are horrible. Then Rogue One will hit everything hard 2 weeks later. So I still see Strange winning this battle.

Strange had a pretty mediocre hold last weekend. Assuming a similar second weekend take (I am guessing that Fantastic beasts lands somewhere between 42-45M depending on Today's hold), Fantastic Beasts, shouldn't be too far off on its third weekend. After that though, Strange is going to make up whatever deficit is present pretty quickly. Fantastic Beasts isn't making anything close to $23M in the week following next weekend (Dec 5-11). The week after that is Rogue One. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

just a quick question:

something's wrong with my mail box. plenty of mails from BOT. why? can I change this somehow?

account settings-> notification settings

it came with the update.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Nah, Sing is going above and beyond for sure.  I wasn't 100% sold on it first, but that last trailer peaked my interest.  Not a stan, but still a film I'm looking forward to.

STAN SO IT STAYS IN THE 200M RANGE PLEASE

• Like 1