eXtacy

Monday Numbers: Moana/FB 2.3-2.2m (Asgard)

1 hour ago, Dingdong123 said:

Any tuesday numbers coming in?

23 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Tuesday??

Depending on the genre... weekdays are usually not that exciting, so we do not get those regular by our 'gods'  ;)

Exception are often, if records get broken or.... something special happens. But they do give them sometimes, so there is hope, but not expectation.

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Depending on the genre... weekdays are usually not that exciting, so we do not get those regular by our 'gods'  ;)

Exception are often, if records get broken or.... something special happens. But they do give them sometimes, so there is hope, but not expectation.

If I am not mistaken there were predictions almost every day last week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

If I am not mistaken there were predictions almost every day last week.

But last week FB was freshly released, rth has even changed his user name to something FB including, so he seems to a fan too, it was more fresh,...

Last year after SW VII got released, a lot of updates during the week (a lot of records broken), but not during the next some weeks.

Beside, all ppl providing hints ... are working too, can not visit us here under every circumstances during work (like co-workers in the room), and have a private live too, go to the cinemas also, or sport, ...

I am not saying no one will show up, but simply not to expect someone will show up, not even during weekends.

I too wouldn't be here so much, especially during daytime, if I wouldn't be still at least partly bedridden since 2-3 weeks (and the next 2 weeks too).

• Like 1

anything over 0% will be good for Moana, as the discount Tuesday boost will be canceled out by the post-holiday weekend course-correcting "slump" of the family films before they go back to having usual +20~40% Tuesday jumps.  

(Frozen -0.2%, Tangled -4%, WIR -3.6%, BH6 +3.4%, The Peanuts Movie -2.5%) TGD managed to have a 15% increase, and maybe that implies that its weekend numbers just weren't strong enough since that increase wasn't for the good WOM, it seems. 

• Like 2

DH1 had a 49M 2nd weekend and added ~77M more to it's run. (ow 125M)

MJ2 had a 52M 2nd weekend and added ~83M more to it's run. (ow 102.6M)

FB had a 45M 2nd weekend. (ow 74.4M)

Looking at DH1 and MJ2 it would mean about 70M more from FB, but FB did behave like an original move as opposed to a front-loaded semi-sequel as was feared.

It had a great 39% drop in 2nd weekend. In comparison DH1 fell 61% and MJ2 fell 49%.

So FB should be able to add about 75-85M more for 230-240M.

If it can somehow manage to touch 250M, it would be fantastic.

EDIT: SW7 dented everything a bit last year. ROGUE ONE could have a similar (albiet smaller) effect.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, a2knet said:

DH1 had a 49M 2nd weekend and added ~77M more to it's run. (ow 125M)

MJ2 had a 52M 2nd weekend and added ~83M more to it's run. (ow 102.6M)

FB had a 45M 2nd weekend. (ow 74.4M)

Looking at DH1 and MJ2 it would mean about 70M more from FB, but FB did behave like an original move as opposed to a front-loaded semi-sequel as was feared.

It had a great 39% drop in 2nd weekend. In comparison DH1 fell 61% and MJ2 fell 49%.

So FB should be able to add about 75-85M more for 230-240M.

If it can somehow manage to touch 250M, it would be fantastic.

EDIT: SW7 dented everything a bit last year. ROGUE ONE could have a similar (albiet smaller) effect.

Thinking $225M+ for FB DOM.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It feels awful to follow American things when you don't live in America...Time difference kills me...

I remember you are Greenwich +1hour What is your mother tongue, I might can give you a link to a world time map that helped me.

Box Office Shocker: Most Sequels, Prequels, And Spin-Offs In 2016 Didn't Flop via by

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/11/30/box-office-shocker-most-sequels-in-2016-didnt-flop/#ed08eba37d6d

Sometimes he is such a drama something

Unless I missed one, there were 36 sequels, prequels, and spin-offs released between January and December of 2016. ..

9 of those films, 1/4 to be exact (and yes, including Rogue One because who are we kidding?) qualified as rock solid hits or outright blockbusters and quite a few of the others qualified as relative wins, even if overseas box office had to occasionally ride to the rescue. Yes, there were a number of outright flop brand extensions, but it wasn’t quite the crisis that it looked like in the middle of the summer.

Some listings,... Funny is, he was / is one of hte loudest anti-... those films, gave a lot rotten for films getting high tomatometermarks from others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I remember you are Greenwich +1hour What is your mother tongue, I might can give you a link to a world time map that helped me.

Box Office Shocker: Most Sequels, Prequels, And Spin-Offs In 2016 Didn't Flop via by

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/11/30/box-office-shocker-most-sequels-in-2016-didnt-flop/#ed08eba37d6d

Sometimes he is such a drama something

Some listings,... Funny is, he was / is one of hte loudest anti-... those films, gave a lot rotten for films getting high tomatometermarks from others.

I used to like this guy but I'm quite tired of his negative outlook on things by now.

• Like 1