Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

You should have gone to the manager. I wouldn't have taken any of that shit.

Yeah, I know, but the guy was seeing it with his 4-year-old son, I guess, and we didn't want to make a scene. Plus we'd already went to the manager after they'd forgotten to charge one of the special captioned glasses for my deaf parents, so we just figured we'd let it drop this time around. Looking back, probably a poor choice.

• Like 1

Orlando Area Thursday Sellout Count Update #10: 16/180 (Up 2 Sellouts and 21 Showtimes)

21 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Orlando Area Thursday Sellout Count Update #9: 14/159 (Up 1 Sellout and 28 Showtimes)

Universal is putting this on 15/20 of their screens on Thursday night :ohmygod: 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Yeah, I know, but the guy was seeing it with his 4-year-old son, I guess, and we didn't want to make a scene. Plus we'd already went to the manager after they'd forgotten to charge one of the special captioned glasses for my deaf parents, so we just figured we'd let it drop this time around. Looking back, probably a poor choice.

I wouldn't have let that slide period. IMAX is expensive, and I wouldn't have let $40+ for me and my father get wasted on awful seats and neck strain :lol: 

Portland is at a complete stand-still now. US 26 has been closed for more than an hour, finally a few cars are making it through after snow plows got there. People have been stranded downtown for up to 3 hours and some people are abandoning their cars in the middle of the road, which of course only makes things worse. Everyone thought they would leave work early and be ok, but they should have left work the second snow started at noon or before, not at 2 or 3 p.m. Commute times that would usually be 30 minutes have jumped to 4 hours and ones that would be 10 minutes are often still a few hours. It's so bad that police are warning people not to call 911 unless it's an absolute emergency because they've been inundated with stranded driver calls.

There is no snow in the forecast tomorrow, except around 1 a.m. perhaps, but the temperatures aren't rising above freezing until late afternoon, which does exactly no good, because they'll immediately plummet below freezing again. The only solution is they better be ready to plow all night long with every single piece of equipment they have to try to clear these roads by the morning commute Thursday, which I'm guessing many people will skip. 

My current plan is to go to the shopping center where the IMAX theater is around 3:30 tomorrow in case it takes forever to get there, that way I can grab a dinner at one of the restaurants there and have plenty of time. I think it should be ok tomorrow as far as I'm sure they'll work their butts off to clear the roads by the morning, and by afternoon it'll improve further.

PS: Only break is Thursday and Friday. Snow expected again over the weekend. Even I may not be able to see Rogue One either day, but I have Friday tickets so I'll at least see it twice. I will do my best to get out Saturday and Sunday but I'm thinking I may be lucky to see it once on the weekend.

Edited by JonathanLB

52 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Gotta keep in mind Travers also gave 0 stars to one of Will's best movies

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/winters-tale-20140214