Plain Old Tele

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, The Futurist said:

Any significant sporting event in 'Murica happenning this week-end that we should know about ?

No Wrestlemania match between Kanye & Trump ?

Pretty free on the sports front.  Only potential hiccup is weather.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I don't know if it will get that high. Let's just keep expectations at 30m+. It's almost certainly getting to 30, 35 wouldn't surprise me though.

If it's 30-35 that would be great too.

I'm just looking at the rest of the forum, in case they need comforting.  @CJohn

We're here for you

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

So if this movie is a box office success, I wonder if any of the characters will show up in Episode 9? I assume it's too late to add them to Episode 8.

Lol it was always going to be a "success" right man? I guess you mean with critical and fan support in addition to BO?

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

So if this movie is a box office success, I wonder if any of the characters will show up in Episode 9? I assume it's too late to add them to Episode 8.

I'm not sure my inkling is perhaps a character or two gets a mention in some canon material

• Community Manager
Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Lol it was always going to be a "success" right man? I guess you mean with critical and fan support in addition to BO?

Yeah, with critical/fan support. If the characters are popular and sell lots of merchandising, why keep them to one movie and I assume future cartoon appearances? I mean unless they die (haven't seen the movie, just speaking theoretically speaking here)...

7 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

28-35m seems like a good range, based on what we're seeing with various tracking. The numbers usually seem to come in a little below what I guess, so my current prediction would be the lower part of that range. 28-31m, maybe.

So an OW in the 126-139m range using TFA preview-weekend ratio. Let's assume the multi is higher and it hits the upper ceiling which is 150m. That's still a far cry from the 175m+ prediction a lot of people around here are throwing. I'm gonna put my weekend prediction at 132-133m. Let's see how close I get.

Edited by James

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

The characters would all be too old to have the current actors play em, though.

• Community Manager
Just now, Orestes said:

The characters would all be too old to have the current actors play em, though.

I wonder how a science fiction franchise with magic The Force could possibly ever get around that.