Plain Old Tele

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

22 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Imho, these are the worst to best case scenarios:

The absolute worst case scenario for Rogue One:

$20m previews

$35m pure gross ($55m)

$30m Saturday ($85m

$20m Sunday ($105m)

Followed by crappy 2.8 legs and a $294m domestic total (which Disney will prolly fudge over $300m) followed by same 50-50 ratio for a $600m worldwide total.

The somewhat-disappointing-in-relation-to-inflated-expectations-and-presales scenario:

$25m previews

$40m pure gross ($65m)

$40m Saturday ($105m)

$25m Sunday ($130m)

Followed by subpar December legs like 3.1-3.2 and a $403m-$416m total, followed by a similar result overseas and a ~$850m worldwide total.

The somewhat logical scenario: 

$30m previews

$40m pure gross ($70m)

$45m Saturday ($115m)

$35m Sunday ($150m)

Followed by 3.3-3.4 legs and a $495m-$510m domestic total, followed by something like $600m overseas for a ~$1.1b worldwide total. 

The optimistic scenario:

$35m previews

$50m pure gross ($85m)

$50m Saturday ($135m)

$40m Sunday ($175m)

Followed by 3.4-3.5 legs and a $595m-$612m domestic total, $700m overseas and a $1.3b worldwide total.

The oh-my-God-everything's-great-no-way-good-lord scenario:

$40m previews

$60m pure gross ($100m)

$55m Saturday ($155m)

$45m Sunday ($200m)

Followed by TFA legs and a $750m-$760m finish (with the caveat that if this comes close to approaching Avatar, Disney will keep it in theaters for months), a $1b overseas tally, and a $1.75b worldwide total.

Obviously there are other scenarios, these are just the five that seem most plausible to me (not that I'm leaning toward the first or last at all, however).

Optimist scenario or we burn this fucker to the ground! 

• Like 3

Hopefully this is a place where I can steer clear of spoilers until I see the movie on Saturday...

Gonna be a good weekend. The last few months have been dull as shit at the box office, in fact there's not really been anything exciting since X-Men I'd argue...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Hopefully this is a place where I can steer clear of spoilers until I see the movie on Saturday...

Gonna be a good weekend. The last few months have been dull as shit at the box office, in fact there's not really been anything exciting since X-Men I'd argue...

Dory? Pets? Suicide Skwad?