Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, Jayhawk said:

BTW the IMAX posters are awesome. They are pretty big for the free giveaways as well.

I managed to some how protect mine from the pouring rain.  Stuck it under my shirt carefully enough not to bend it and it looks like it came out alright.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

I have a theory that it was the hardcore fans going over and over again. I have no idea if it's correct or not, but we shall soon find out.

But does it matter whete the money comes from? I mean...for a movie ro make 900 mill domestic there has to be a lot of repeat viewings.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Just got back. Holy fucking shit. I am not even a huge star wars guy. Absolutely blown away. One the best blockbuster movies I have ever seen in my life. Some real deep shit in this movie. That being said, I think the high artistic quality of the writing will hurt the legs of this film. It is almost too literary for mass audiences and a lot of young children. Definitely made for adults. Fuck man I just wanna see it again.

It works on so many levels. So many sub-plots and meanings people will talk about for years. And I think it is great movie for younger children who can handle the intensity of the war scenes. I could easily have watched this at 8 or 9. I compare it to a Marvel film.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

It s almost impossible to break the Top 20 dom & WW now if you are not cast in a franchise film or do a voice in an animation film so discussing if actors are draws or not is a moot point for me in 2017.

Bigger franchises = bigger budgets = bigger awareness = bigger grosses. I think context is needed rather than judging an actors draw on how much a movie makes total. For example I don't think anyone other than Tom Cruise could've made EOT gross what it did.

• Like 2