Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

a 55m total Friday would be a disaster and would make the first time a film's previews were more than 1/2 of the total day lol - now true Friday on the otherhand - well not seeing anything that would make it a possibility, but it would be fun for RtH to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, jandrew said:

Did someone say Moana? How's that doing, cuz I really enjoyed it. I had a very personal connection with it, considering I saw it on an island.

It's nearly outpacing Rogue One.

Oh but if you meant in reality, Deadline think it's on track for a crazy amazing 20-25% drop. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

The forum update set this as default. Easy to fix: go to Notification->Settings and you have all sorts of options on how to turn it completely off or get notified through your little notification icon instead. 

Off topic, but I've done that 5 times now and every time I go back to a thread I've posted in I see that it's made me follow it again. Is there anything you can do on your end to stop it?

1 hour ago, jandrew said:

Haven't been keep up, are people freaking out over that number? Even for a spinoff, ~$150 weekend sounds a tad low. Well, this is December afterall. Anyway, any meltdowns or was this expected with tracking?

tracking was for a long time $130m+

Spin off:

did you expect e.g. Ant-Man to make Avengers OW? 

There seems to be weather related problems (was it Porthos who had 2 power out-takes during the same screening?) and whatever.

The usual - I say lets see what the actuals are (preferable next year's actuals) before starting 'law-like' judgements where it will end.

Including see the Sniper film (forgot the name), Revenant (sp.?),... maybe the time after X-Mas is a good time for war Sci-Fi films too, and maybe families with younger children might avoid it in general or during X-Mas. = I do not understand the reactions (and even worse about the OS OW = pretty much what I ~ thought +/- 10%).

WOM has to impact before seeing where it could go, for now I do not see enough WOM data of the GA

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

a 55m total Friday would be a disaster and would make the first time a film's previews were more than 1/2 of the total day lol - now true Friday on the otherhand - well not seeing anything that would make it a possibility, but it would be fun for RtH to do that.

DH2 and TFA both hold that record right with about 48% of OD share? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Off topic, but I've done that 5 times now and every time I go back to a thread I've posted in I see that it's made me follow it again. Is there anything you can do on your end to stop it?

How are the notifications showing up for you?

edit: you have "email notifications" turned off for "New Content for things I follow", Someone comments on something I follow", and "someone reviews something I follow". You also have "Automatically follow new content I post" and "Automatically follow content I reply to" turned on.

I switched your email notifications to just notifications but both both "automatically follow" boxes checked on. If you like, you can turn them off.

(This is all stuff you should be able to control and adjust, but if you're having trouble, I can turn it all off for you.)

4 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page?

i'll finally see moana on tuesday! i've been pretty up and down on this new age of WDAS that ppl have decided to get a boner for. Tangled/wreck it ralph were fine, kinda lame, frozen was excellent, big hero 6 terrible and zootopia is ok but undercuts itself. been getting kinda hyped for this one though from what i'm hearing.

• Like 2