Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

My predictions for final 5:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Captain America: Civil War

Doctor Strange

The Jungle Book

Arrival

I could imagine a scream of being against that, out of competition's corners

4x Disney? 

@trifle posted this in the buzz thread:

He says the second and third weekends will be huge, but looking at the schedule I think the second will be quite be muted.  I'm coming up with around 60m for 2nd weekend (60% drop).  It should make up some ground from the 26th to the 2nd but I'm thinking there will be quite a few posts very worried about the legs from the 19th to the 25th.

• Like 3

Just now, MattW said:

@trifle posted this in the buzz thread:

He says the second and third weekends will be huge, but looking at the schedule I think the second will be quite be muted.  I'm coming up with around 60m for 2nd weekend (60% drop).  It should make up some ground from the 26th to the 2nd but I'm thinking there will be quite a few posts very worried about the legs from the 19th to the 25th.

Yeah, it's tough to compare weekends, because Christmas Eve is not a big movie going day. But the weekdays between Christmas and New Years may be bigger than it's first week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Help us Rth, you're our only hope. I summon thee. Reason has forsaken us, and only numbers will satiate our thirst for knowledge. We are but mere servants of the box office, and are slaves to its will.

--

Our father in Asgard,

purple be your name.

Your numbers come,

Your posts be liked,

in any and all numbers thread.

Give us this day our daily estimates,

and forgive us our overreactions,

as we also have forgiven Deadline.

And lead us not into early breakdowns,

but deliver us from pre-conceptions.

Amen

Nice one love it :)

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I really like Gitesh, I think he does good work in an industry where there can be a lack of decent perspectives.

He's OK most of the time, but yesterday he posted a Tweet that made it sound like a 20% drop to $46m in previews was somehow a worst case scenario. "Even if it drops 20% from TFA..."