Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

14 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

$67 million OD could result with a $150 million start opening weekend, $185-$200 million 7-day total. $90 million 2nd weekend and make $270-$290 million 10-11 days. Makes $355 million by December 31st, and ends it run with $420 million domestic and does $1.16 billion worldwide. 

Yea sorry, but if it does 150m OW it's not having a 2.8x in December. Even movies with mediocre to decent WOM get multis in the 3-3.5 range. With that opening it would not do less than 450m total. 

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

More like disappointed. This OW is giving a high possibility of neither side being right, since virtually no one was in the over 450, sub 500 camp. 

I think there were a couple. But yeah, there weren't a ton of OW predicts in the 150-159m range I believe. Still has a pretty decent shot at going over 500m if it can get 150m+. I know you'll disagree.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

Yea sorry, but if it does 150m OW it's not having a 2.8x in December. Even movies with mediocre to decent WOM get multis in the 3-3.5 range. With that opening it would not do less than 450m total. 

Again, pointing out that an $150m opening would be nearly +80% over the next non-TFA movie. Why the heck would you expect a similar multiplier to those movies, given this fact?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

How will the fight between EmpireCity and MovieMan end?

Will it ever end? Who will get knocked out first?

Tune in on the next episode of BOT: The Rogue One Week-end Thread to know!

It ends with the revelation Empire was Gareth Edwards and I'm JJ Abrams