Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, Chewy said:

For a while the Avatar fans were soooooooooo annoying and hard to take and then a couple years ago it flipped and everyone thought it was so cool to trash it constantly. We gotta find a middle ground over the next 20 years before Jim gets to work on the sequel

Hmm, that kind of sounds like something happening with a certain fanbase now...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I was about to lock this but I just realized the Grand Tele is on so he has the control.

And in the middle of all of this mess, I still haven't watched Rogue One, nor have plans to do it in an immediate future. 

You locking a thread Tele's posting in would be unpresidented

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

There's no point in paying critics. It's a waste of money. All studios already use junketeers for the same effect. All studios.

junketeers, what does that mean? Teach me tele

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Zero evidence. This is libel. 

i laughed

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Hmm, that kind of sounds like something happening with a certain fanbase now...

It happens with all of them last year the Star Wars fans were up in here furious because we were talking about Oscah runs instead of discussing TFA's 40th day

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

I've never seen Cars. They all looked bad to me but I guess I should give them a chance! 

Don't go in with high expectations. They aren't normal Pixar quality. That being said they are an enjoyable ride.

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It is amusing how posters with James Cameron names/avatars often talk about how weak and bad TFA's story/execution are(I wonder if it has something to do with its gross in the US?) whenever they're not derailing threads with James Cameron/Avatar talk when Avatar is more or less just an incredibly dumbed down version of Princess Mononoke.

My association with Avatar and/or James Cameron has nothing to do with it. It's a common criticism of TFA - ad hominem attacks won't change the fact the story was a dumbed down version of ANH. The different is I don't deny that the storyline of Avatar was simple and derivative - that's something that had to be done with a movie that aims to change the cinemascape itself. 

It is ignorance and hubris of this kind that prevented TFA from even coming close to dethroning Jim. 

A real shame too, I guess we will just have to wait for Project 881 to knock Titanic into 3rd place. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

MrPink, Donnie Yen was awesome in the movie.

He was amazing and everything I hoped for. :wub::wub:

Been twice already and have a couple more viewings planned. One at the MarqE for Dunkirk goodness

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

You do realize that Disney spent $4 billion to buy Lucasfilm, right? It would be pretty logical for them to make the movies that will make them the most profit first. That's not a cash grab; it's trying to break even.

Every movie is a cash grab. Every studio is a business they are driven by money first both long short term and long term. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Its nice to see AVATAR getting some love around here for a change.

Avatar fan for the 3-d experience in a cinema, but still not a 10/10 for me

(I really love it for giving my first and only clue how you all people see the world in real life, as I am 'only' 2-d sighted = including outside of a cinema)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It is amusing how posters with James Cameron names/avatars often talk about how weak and bad TFA's story/execution are(I wonder if it has something to do with its gross in the US?) whenever they're not derailing threads with James Cameron/Avatar talk when Avatar is more or less just an incredibly dumbed down version of Princess Mononoke.

Eh?, i liked TFA a lot and thought it was a worthy sequel (especially compard to the prequels), but AVATAR is better in pretty much every way imo. You could argue TFA had better characters (Han Solo, Chewie, come on!) but thats where it ends for me.

Why the salt anyway?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Empire, how are the matinees doing? My showing was 95%+ full at 12:20.

I'm not empire city and only have access to 1 theatres numbers and pre sales but RO seems to be playing like a family movie here (so a good increase from true Friday).

• Like 4