Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

After? People sometimes applaud and cheer during the movie (as they did repeatedly during my first viewing of R1).

In France there's none of that.

Except in Big Night Previews. I went to see last Superman (Snyder) in The Great Rex and people cheered and clapped each time Superman saved someone or kissed Lois.

It was pretty fun.

I didn't really like the movie but the ambiance did it for me.

Actually, I think the biggest screams and cheers were during the Hobbit preview we got before.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Grand Moff said:

Just got back from seeing it and 100% this will end up doing over 1.4b ww and probably 600m OS.

20 minutes ago, Grand Moff said:

It seems obvious from the overwhelmingly positive feedback that it will have legs. I could see it staying in the top 5 into late May at this rate.

lol sigh, wtf are you talking about.  Like this place needs to get any crazier.

3 minutes ago, Grand Moff said:

Ah you are tele? Glad to see a fellow Star Wars and GM fan here :)

Yes, I'm Tele. Although usually my avatar is a certain quixotic young British officer who served in Arabia in WWI. :lol: It's becoming a yearly tradition that I switch to some sort of Star Wars avatar in December. 

And after all, since the power I'm dealing with is IMMEASURABLE, makes sense to be Tarkin this time around. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

After? People sometimes applaud and cheer during the movie (as they did repeatedly during my first viewing of R1).

I have told the story many times but it is worth mentioning again. Even after the ostensible negative reaction to The Phantom Menace when I was watching attack of the Clones the first time and Yoda took out his lightsaber for the first time not only did I yell out in ecstasy I think the entire crowd cheered and clapped and hollered like their favorite team just scored a touchdown. It was probably one of the most exhilarating moments I've ever experienced in a film theater.

• Like 8