Ezen Baklattan

BOFFV: Category Proposals!!

It is time to begin planning our fifth BOFFY Ceremony! I wanted to shake things up this year and add some new categories! Please propose a new category here by making a post and explaining the function of the category!

If the post you propose receives at least 5 likes, it will be added to the ceremony!

Up to Five new categories will be accepted.]

THE DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 28TH at 11:59PM EST

Side note, can we bring back Best Thread and Best Forum Story?  

Anyways my two proposals (not related to film, because we have a lot of them)

Best Box Office Predictor

Most Informative Member - For members that do a good job sparking strong discussions, and bring a lot to threads they participate in.  Could also be for a member that's made some successful threads that got a lot of activity.

• Like 2

Best Voice Acting / Motion Capture Performance

The number of quality animated and MoCap roles each year has grown to the point it deserves its own recognition for the performances given when they would potentially be ignored by the best actor/actress race.

Sorry, this was supposed to be sent to the Oscar Academy. crossed lines

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Best Voice Acting / Motion Capture Performance

The number of quality animated and MoCap roles each year has grown to the point it deserves its own recognition for the performances given when they would potentially be ignored by the best actor/actress race.

Sorry, this was supposed to be sent to the Oscar Academy. crossed lines

Two separate categories?

I've got three ideas, so I'm gonna go in order in separate posts:

Best Use of Action - Not best action scene, but the best film that has the best overall action scenes in either variety or quality (Mad Max would've won this easily last year)

• Like 2

Best Voice Acting in a Supporting Role - I don't think @chasmmi remembers, but we actually added a Best Voice Acting award last year. I think we should split it though into Lead and Supporting since last year, four out of five noms went to Inside Out. That seemed excessive to me; by splitting the vote into two categories, we can prevent that from happening again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Best Voice Acting in a Supporting Role - I don't think @chasmmi remembers, but we actually added a Best Voice Acting award last year. I think we should split it though into Lead and Supporting since last year, four out of five noms went to Inside Out. That seemed excessive to me; by splitting the vote into two categories, we can prevent that from happening again.

i've seen 9 animated movies from this year and still i can barely figure out a top 5 w/ just a general best voice acting category (and even then i'd have to start pulling from the jungle book and stuff). splitting it up is too much. even the annies don't do that and have like 40 categories.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen 9 animated movies from this year and still i can barely figure out a top 5 w/ just a general best voice acting category (and even then i'd have to start pulling from the jungle book and stuff). splitting it up is too much. even the annies don't do that and have like 40 categories.

IDK, for me personally, I got 11 performances on my shortlist (without seeing SING, LITTLE PRINCE, or any of the foreign stuff) that are worthy of notice. If we split it up, I'd have a solid 5 leads, 6 supportings to pick from. I definitely understand the apprehension tho