FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

If Fences follows War Horse exactly (same release schedule) it'd only do 64 million, which is disappointing. With more star power, better reviews and Oscar buzz, and stiff OD competition relative to WH, I think it could do about 70-75, which is fine. 

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

If Fences follows War Horse exactly (same release schedule) it'd only do 64 million, which is disappointing. With more star power, better reviews and Oscar buzz, and stiff OD competition relative to WH, I think it could do about 70-75, which is fine. 

It will have to really leg it out to get there, but the reviews do seem promising.

11 minutes ago, babz06 said:

well it basically takes place in a backyard, so i didn't expect a big budget.

It's kind of crazy that it basically does and they made a two and a half hour movie out of that. That should be a disaster on paper, but I was completely invested the whole time and the runtime, while I wouldn't say flew by, definitely didn't feel long either. Kind of like a 12 Angry Men, where you should get bored but the script and acting are too good. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's kind of crazy that it basically does, and they made a two and a half hour movie out of that. That should be a disaster on paper, but I was completely invested the whole time and the runtime, while I wouldn't say flew by, definitely didn't feel long either. Kind of like a 12 Angry Men, where you should get bored, but the script and acting are too good. 

But do you Godiola is snatching the Oscar, boo?

tumblr_inline_o9ajdybHDf1rtwgk0_500.gif

Williams is basically her only threat, and great as that one scene in Manchester with her is, it really is a one scene performance. Would be pretty damn insulting quite frankly to snub Davis' near leading role, that is superb throughout, to give it to Williams instead.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I didn't get to the theater today, but my brother saw Moana and my friends saw Fences (I convinced them away from Collateral Beauty lol) and I heard it was crowded for both.

Me? I watched It's a Wonderful Life for the first time ever. Damn great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

I saw that David Poland tweet. Anyone could figure that Fences, a movie with robust sellouts in 2,000+ theaters on Christmas Day, was not only doing 1 million for the day. Dumb tweet. 

It's indeed a baffling tweet. I'm honestly not sure if he was just trolling with that number, or he genuinely believed Fences was doing that bad though. 

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Ugh my friend just sent me a snapchat of his ticket for La La Land at said theatre I just mentioned. This is why I hate only having 5 screens; this theatre only has 8 and they are playing it.

For what it's worth, that doesn't mean much IMO. I have three theaters surrounding me, one with 8 screens, one with 14 screens, and one with 16 screens. NONE have La La Land, I'll be driving 45 minutes(!) to see it on Friday :/

• Like 1