FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

41 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Is rth ever off on his numbers? I am still seeing huge disparities in the numbers in the press. Odd weekend. 

Wondering how much off the bo is from last Christmas if his numbers are correct.

The press are writers, not mathematicians. Deadline said $130m for R1 4 day. lol

THe BO is down about 30% last year for Xmas and the whole season entirely due to the difference between SW7 and SW3.5. Ive decided to call this a midquel, First of its kind

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2016/12/why-him-975k-thursday-previews-box-office-1201875344/

Updated, Monday, 7:18 AM: Paramount’s Fences went wide yesterday and La La Land expanded to 734 locales and both ended up in the box office Top Ten with Denzel Washington’s adaptation of the August Wilson play earning an A- CinemaScore last night and a No. 6 spot with a $6.6M estimated opening day. La La Land, the Lionsgate musical that, like Fences, is vying for a Best Picture spot pushed into the No. 8 position with about $3.9M.

A third picture, Sony’s Collateral Beauty also jumped into the Top Ten but more noteworthy are the per screen averages of a number of critically acclaimed Oscar hopefuls including Martin Scorsese’s Silence which is enjoying a per screen average of about $44K on its four screens (the highest of any pic in the Top 45), newcomer Hidden Figures about the unsung heroes behind NASA’s success from Fox/Chernin Ent. and director Ted Melfi which has a strong $38K from 26 runs (the 2nd highest) and Patriots Day from the team of Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg with a third-biggest $34K psa. Ben Affleck’s Live By Night, on its four screens, bowed yesterday to a per screen of $16K and Lion expanded this weekend for an estimated four-day screen average of $3,300K.

Of course, the Top Five pecking order is as it was with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the animated musical Sing leading the pack, Passengers picking up steam, and the R-rated comedy Why Him? expected to push past Assassins Creed in the four-day holiday.

That is a quick snapshot early this AM with much more to come. Stay tuned.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 3

A third picture, Sony’s Collateral Beauty also jumped into the Top Ten but more noteworthy are the per screen averages of a number of critically acclaimed Oscar hopefuls including Martin Scorsese’s Silence which is enjoying a per screen average of about $44K on its four screens (the highest of any pic in the Top 45), newcomer Hidden Figures about the unsung heroes behind NASA’s success from Fox/Chernin Ent. and director Ted Melfi which has a strong $38K from 26 runs (the 2nd highest) and Patriots Day from the team of Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg with a third-biggest $34K psa. Ben Affleck’s Live By Night, on its four screens, bowed yesterday to a per screen of $16K and Lion expanded this weekend for an estimated four-day screen average of $3,300K.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/why-him-975k-thursday-previews-box-office-1201875344/

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The first two months of 2017 look bleak. Split and The Lego Batman Movie are the only movies I actually care to see. March looks to make up for it, though.

There'll be some residual Oscar bait in January too. Buzz on A Cure for Wellness seems really good.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's bomb territory for Live By Night. Its PTA was the same as Silence's on Friday.

Live By Night is a more mainstream film that will probably do better in wide release just like Fences.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I'll never understand that one. It's like they put their hands over their ears and went "lalalalala" to all the signs pointing to at least double that number...

Maybe Lalaland impacted their mind? ;):ph34r:;)

13 minutes ago, POTUS said:

The press are writers, not mathematicians. Deadline said $130m for R1 4 day. lol

THe BO is down about 30% last year for Xmas and the whole season entirely due to the difference between SW7 and SW3.5. Ive decided to call this a midquel, First of its kind

Hahaha, I like that, beside still working on how to call it for myself.For the moment I see it as a

Spoiler

a 3.9, as I am pretty sure they wont do a 3.95, but am not sure, if they wont do a 3.5 e.g. per film, book or series (I do not belief in that)

A bit like in book series:

sometimes a title 11.5 or... is an extra story of the main characters, or with at least one big main character, sometimes the number is given to show the position on the time-line, but 'only' or mainly about additional characters out of the same world.

Does the English language has 2 different terms for that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's bomb territory for Live By Night. Its PTA was the same as Silence's on Friday.

It's acceptable. The reviews are mediocre so expecting it to do more than OK in limited release would've been expecting too much. It's worth mentioning that The Lovely Bones tanked in limited release but did well enough in wide release after the marketing was retooled after the movie bit the dust as an awards player.