FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

8 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

With cheap Tuesdays being even bigger now than they were in 2011 shouldn't most movies for at least 20% today?

Yes. More people will try to get tickets and watch the film because it's so much cheaper. Especially families. But it'll be interesting to see some of the drops today and the overreactions over them. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

With cheap Tuesdays being even bigger now than they were in 2011 shouldn't most movies for at least 20% today?

I am expecting 18.5M Wednesday (close to 17%), but I wouldnt be surprised if it has a better number. Holidays can soften the drop. Look at TFA last year, only 5% drop against cheap Tuesday.

Also, Carrie Fisher death can soften the drop today

Edited by stripe
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yes. More people will try to get tickets and watch the film because it's so much cheaper. Especially families. But it'll be interesting to see some of the drops today and the overreactions over them. 

Didn't they stop doing cheap Tuesdays during holidays? I remember a member saying that.

34 minutes ago, Elessar said:

WED 20m

THU 19m

FRI 24m

SAT 20m

SUN 23m

MON 20m

TOTAL 466m

Hmm... just noticed something. If those number come to pass and it drops like 60% on next tuesday, the dailies will be about dead even with Ep7. And that one continued to make about $185m after holidays were over (including monday). Now do the math...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Hmm... just noticed something. If those number come to pass and it drops like 60% on next tuesday, the dailies will be about dead even with Ep7. And that one continued to make about $185m after holidays were over. Now do the math...

And it's close to JW and Titanic :lol: Don't think it will happen, although this will have better late legs than TFA (which weren't that great) IMO. Just more room to go up.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Didn't they stop doing cheap Tuesdays during holidays? I remember a member saying that.

No

I can't speak for the United States but it was definitely cheap Tuesday all across Canada yesterday.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

Unless i grossly overprojected the next few days i think $600m should be the low end for RO.

I dont think 600 is anywhere near the low end. That would be the high end. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I think the holidays diminishes the effect of cheap Tuesday because so many people are off and going to the movies anyways.  Wednesday should still be a drop for most movies, but idk about 20%.

• Like 9