baumer

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard2) R1 18.5, Sing 16

9 minutes ago, Blankments said:

WHAT IS THE GODDAMN FUCKING POINT OF HAVING A FUCKING MOVIEPASS IF I CAN'T SEE THE LEGITIMATE ONLY MOVIE I WAS HYPED FOR THIS MONTH IN 2016!?!?!?

I FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING FUCK FUCK FUCK I SPEND $40 A MONTH TO SEE UNLIMITED MOVIES IN THEATERS BUT WHAT ARE MY FUCKING OPTIONS? COLLATERAL BEAUTY, PASSENGERS, AND SING??? WHERE THE FUCK IS JACKIE, LION, AND LA LA MOTHERFUCKING LAND

FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

SORRY I NEEDED TO VENT I'M JUST FUCKING PISSED THAT I'VE BEEN HOME FOR TWO WEEKS AND THE ONLY MOVIE I SAW THAT I'D ACTUALLY CALL GOOD WAS A REWATCH THAT I DIDN'T USE MY MOVIEPASS ON

FUCK EVERYTHING

iFYeSMi.gif?noredirect

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fracfar said:

You're suffering from a case of 2016, aren't you. Hang in there buddy.

tomorrow was gonna be the day, the day i finally see la la land. i was going to drive 40 min to see it at an early show

instead i got called into work, and the people who i was going with (the ONLY people who are willing to drive me the 40 min) are going without me

fuck everything

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The quality of streaming and digital is terrible compared to Blu-Ray, and data caps are going to become more and more limited in the future.

Totally agreed. I didn't spend $10,000+ on my home entertainment system to watch a movie with meh streaming capabilities. Don't get me wrong, I stream movies too, I rent from iTunes sometimes, I watch Netflix for TV shows a ton, but when it comes to a real quality viewing experience, I turn to my library.

I have about 4,000 total discs, DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K. They are in 4 x 1000 CD / DVD cases, big aluminum boxes, each labeled. Then I use Delicious Library for cataloguing so I can find everything very quickly. I can just search, "Jackie Chan" and it'll show me all 30 movies I own with Jackie Chan in them or whatever, or I can search "James Bond" and it'll show me those movies. Whatever I want, I can find it seconds. Then it spits out the cover, I click on it, and it says something like "Movies Case 1, #787" and I just open up that case and go to 787, there it is. Obviously with almost 4,000 discs I cannot keep the physical cases for everything. I toss them, unless it's something special like a SteelBook. The Star Wars movies stay out, they don't get subjected to cases, they are treated as something different so they remain easily accessible. I think it's only about 1,800 or 1,900 "products" because many things like TV shows use up 3-6 discs, or movies with a bonus disc use up 2. 

I've just started to build my 4K collection, it's very small, but I have about 10 movies now I think. 

PS: I never spend $30 on a Blu-ray. I don't even spend $20 most of the time. If you just add it to your Amazon wishlist, you can wait for it for about 6 months and eventually somewhere in there it'll get a lot lower. I got Lights Out for $6.99 on Black Friday weekend. I usually wait until a movie hits somewhere between $9.99 and $13.99 depending on how much I liked it. I'll buy a handful of movies brand new each year, like Civil War for instance, but that's about it. Maybe 3-4 brand new at most the day they come out. The rest of them I wait because there are great deals to be had. 

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

It fails to read sometimes, which freakin' sucks. It and Wind Waker are the only games I really care about.

Better grab an extra copy of Melee. Or hope the Switch has GameCube VC.

Also, Wind Waker is expendable. WW HD is so much better thanks to getting rid of the fetch quest

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Honestly, if you're going to pay $40 a month, you need to have lower standards

$40 equals approximately 5 movies. Movies that were scheduled for wide release this month initially

*Rogue One 

*Manchester by the Sea

La La Land

Jackie

Gold

Lion

Fences (saw it didn't like it)

Any other drama that should've gone to at least 500 theaters (usually I get these BUT NOPE ON LA LA AND LION)

december was supposed to be a month with surprisingly high quality. not this shit show

9 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Totally agreed. I didn't spend $10,000+ on my home entertainment system to watch a movie with meh streaming capabilities. Don't get me wrong, I stream movies too, I rent from iTunes sometimes, I watch Netflix for TV shows a ton, but when it comes to a real quality viewing experience, I turn to my library.

I have about 4,000 total discs, DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K. They are in 4 x 1000 CD / DVD cases, big aluminum boxes, each labeled. Then I use Delicious Library for cataloguing so I can find everything very quickly. I can just search, "Jackie Chan" and it'll show me all 30 movies I own with Jackie Chan in them or whatever, or I can search "James Bond" and it'll show me those movies. Whatever I want, I can find it seconds. Then it spits out the cover, I click on it, and it says something like "Movies Case 1, #787" and I just open up that case and go to 787, there it is. Obviously with almost 4,000 discs I cannot keep the physical cases for everything. I toss them, unless it's something special like a SteelBook. The Star Wars movies stay out, they don't get subjected to cases, they are treated as something different so they remain easily accessible. I think it's only about 1,800 or 1,900 "products" because many things like TV shows use up 3-6 discs, or movies with a bonus disc use up 2. 

Damn. Party at JonathanLB's house, anyone? 

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The quality of streaming and digital is terrible compared to Blu-Ray, and data caps are going to become more and more limited in the future.

That seems so backwards to me. Over here, we've gone from having pretty low data caps (I remember the struggle of having 40GB data cap, then 80GB, then a couple of times with 150GB until finally we switched to unlimited) and now the norm is unlimited. My internet speed is shit because I live in a somewhat rural area but fiber has rolled out to a decent chunk of the country. Just USA things I guess.

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

These days you can't count on the studios getting everything out wide for Christmas. Looking like very sound business sense to wait till January for some and give them room to breathe.

Nope I refuse to believe this at least about La La Land. It would pulling double digit days all week with a proper wide-release FUCK LIONSGATE FUCK EVERYTHING

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

I'm supposed to see Hamilton on sat but how can I enjoy the hip hop when I can't even get my jazz cravings out of my system

FUCK YOU LIONSGATE FUCK IT ALL

You're seeing Hamilton on Saturday. Lucky!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I'm supposed to see Hamilton on sat but how can I enjoy the hip hop when I can't even get my jazz cravings out of my system

FUCK YOU LIONSGATE FUCK IT ALL

Wow. Talk about misguided complaints.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I've just started to build my 4K collection, it's very small, but I have about 10 movies now I think. 

PS: I never spend $30 on a Blu-ray. I don't even spend $20 most of the time. If you just add it to your Amazon wishlist, you can wait for it for about 6 months and eventually somewhere in there it'll get a lot lower. I got Lights Out for $6.99 on Black Friday weekend. I usually wait until a movie hits somewhere between $9.99 and $13.99 depending on how much I liked it. I'll buy a handful of movies brand new each year, like Civil War for instance, but that's about it. Maybe 3-4 brand new at most the day they come out. The rest of them I wait because there are great deals to be had. 

On forums like bluray.com, you could have sold all your cases/sslip covers  & digital codes for $$$ to pay for your addiction.  

• Like 1