baumer

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard2) R1 18.5, Sing 16

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

Exactly, or just wait patiently until it does come down in price. What I do is look at around at all kinds of stores and buy the movies I want wherever they're the best price. You'd be surprised at the big differences I find sometimes. For instance, when I bought the Star Wars blu ray set last year at HMV it was $89.99. Everywhere else it was $99.99 or even as high as $119.99. It was weird because usually HMV is usually the expensive one!

I also happen to be a blu-ray collector so I have this stuff down to a science.

I am still a bit annoyed with myself to have not waited longer than I did (bought recently) = paid 65 for the 9x Blu-Ray box set version

3 hours ago, fracfar said:

Yeah that's unacceptable. It's situations like that where I sympathize w/pirates... because tbh, I get quite a few movies online. 

...... Bonuses are useless anyways. I'd pay $10 at most if I'm not seeing it in theatres

I pay seldom even $10 as I wait usually way longer than the most here to buy my discs, but depending which film, bonus can be better than the film. 

Good bonuses I mean, I agree some are only advertising 'it as all so nice' babble.

I love e.g. the LotR extras and some other ones too, I am a bonus junky, if it shows real 'how to do...' or 'influences of creating...' or e.g. 'we could use a real medieval chrch in ...., using this... as protection....' or how they got fire and horses on one picture (see LotR again) 

In my POV: if I can't afford it, or if I do not want to support it, am for any reasons against it,... I do not steel it, I simply do not see it.

3 hours ago, fracfar said:

Physical home video is outdated and takes up space. Streaming is the way to go, and the entertainment industry is holding out...

In my POV that will get the prices... in the long run up even more. Discs you can legally sell used, old stock can legally sold in a sales action,...

I do have a few shelves in a room full of discs, but only bcs I like the appearance, a bit like book shelves. I am thinking about putting them / a part into vinyl sleeves and in alu boxes or so, like DJs use (or did use in the past).

Straming makes you also open for future possible blocking by governments or companies or,... 

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

And yeah, I don't care how you watch the movie, so long as you pay for it in a legal way.  If you rent it for $.99 or purchase a $50 Blu-Ray 4k Steelbook or some shit, I don't care.  If you use a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Instant Video, that's also okay.  But the second you go on Pirate Bay, Putlocker, Viooz, etc., that's the second I lose all respect for you.

:arms:

I can understand young ones starting out in that way based on 'even the parents did it,... didn't really think about it...' but not to continue after reaching the age to think for themselves and getting pointed it out or....

To me it is the continuing beside... that makes my ~ wary about a person 

Where are the limits, hen will it be so normal society will see theft in general as normal?

3 hours ago, Blankments said:

... IF I CAN'T SEE THE LEGITIMATE ONLY MOVIE I WAS HYPED FOR THIS MONTH IN 2016!?!?!?

2 hours ago, Blankments said:

You sons of bitches you act like you've never craved jazz before well ...

I can understand you, I think it depends a lot on the RL situation and to have waited for a time to get a chance to see something you have waited for (as a fan of cinema going) together with people... and than get it taken away... it is not only about the missed film, it is also about the missed happy hours with friends that share at least the willingness to go with you to something others wont.

:cheekkiss:

• Like 4

The-Numbers weekend prediction

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ...h $68 million over the weekend for a three-week total of over $440 million. At this pace, getting to $500 million and becoming the biggest hit of 2016 is trivial...

Sing .., a 30% increase would give it $46 million this weekend. That would be enough to push it to nearly $170 million over the weekend, putting it on pace to reach $200 million and possibly even land in the top ten for 2016....

Passengers,... with just over $13 million this weekend. ...

Fences... just over $13 million this weekend..

Why Him? ... little bit to $12 million.

Moana .. just over $10 million during the three-day weekend. ...

Assassin’s Creed... $10 million over the weekend ....

http://www.the-numbers.com/news/218420830-Weekend-Predictions-Old-Movies-Ring-Out-the-New-Year

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, stripe said:

It looks like some of the predictions are for 3days and other for 4days...

Not sure, I let the 3-day remarks in the quote, if they were used in the text (did I miss one?)

My feeling for the English language is = I have no idea if you are right or not, but reading through it I was also not confident in how to interpret those sentences.

We got told to shorten articles,... considerable for quotes here, so I try to do that (there are a few exceptions, when I am not confident enough to be sure to not change the meaning of a text by shortening it), but in the same time I am also more than happy that we have to give the links too, so people like you will read the text and point out things like that. :)

A comparison after the weekend might get interesting to be sure what he meant? He often writes after a few days a ~ wrap-up text about the past weekend, I think the others do it not in a similar way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I can't believe people paid 10 to 20 bucks to watch those films.

I was pisssed off watching them for free 

I can't believe we have to pay $1.12 for gas. But we do I can't believe the cost of groceries but you don't go into the grocery store and steal them. I can't believe the cost of insurance for my car in Brampton but I have to pay it because if I don't I'll get slapped in the thousand-dollar fine.

Stealing movies is no difference. I know everyone does it and I have definitely watched pirated movies. But the attitude that you just displayed is a horrible attitude. Just because you think something might not be good it doesn't give you the right to steal it.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I can't believe we have to pay $1.12 for gas. But we do I can't believe the cost of groceries but you don't go into the grocery store and steal them. I can't believe the cost of insurance for my car in Brampton but I have to pay it because if I don't I'll get slapped in the thousand-dollar fine.

Stealing movies is no difference. I know everyone does it and I have definitely watched pirated movies. But the attitude that you just displayed is a horrible attitude. Just because you think something might not be good it doesn't give you the right to steal it.

I don't have the right to but I have no guilt over it.

I saved 18 bucks watching suicide squad...

Edited by Lordmandeep

I'm sure people get pissed off at your business too buddy but you don't see him stealing stuff from you. And you act like these are the first two movies in the history of movies that you didn't enjoy. Movies are always going to be subjective.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, fracfar said:

Physical home video is outdated and takes up space. Streaming is the way to go, and the entertainment industry is holding out...

when streaming can get to 60+mbits data flow on 4K and with Dolby Atmos or DTS-X, and of course with HDR or DolbyVision, then, only then I consider STREAMING as option....

4k disk media are THE BEST possible option now.., and yes I know it's not cheap, but as some others mentioned, you can find much much cheaper prices if you look around...

I never bought a 4K disk more then for 20$, never.....

Marek

• Like 3

Free-streaming of movies should be legal after some time of the release of a movie.  1 year,2 I don't know but I don't see how I am being a criminal by watching a film that was released in 90s online . I definetely get it though for new releases. Just look how much music industry has surged by adopting free streaming. I am not saying it is the same but If it exists in such a large scale why not try and make a profit out of it..

Edited by FantasticBeasts

I don't think people who pirate movies deserve to comment on them, to be honest.

Especially films like Gravity. 

The person who watches it in IMAX is going to have a different experience from someone who watched a copy on their laptop/tv in their bedroom. 

• Like 11

10 box office records that were broken in 2016

Mermaid made $526m in China = highest crossing ever

Disney in the the biggest global box office haul in a single year

Quo Vado? breaks Italian record after only 13 days in release

Deadpool = highest crossing r-rated ww

MCU frist franchise to pass $10b ww

Conspiracy of Faith breaks 15y old record as highest OW of a local film in Denmark

Warcraft highest video game adaptation ww (see China)

Bridget Jones Baby breaks records in UK (biggest OW romantic comedy + September)

Zootopia highest grossing ‘original’ animated film

first time 2 animated films crossed $1b ww

http://www.screendaily.com/5112445.article

• Like 1