baumer

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard2) R1 18.5, Sing 16

19 minutes ago, jb007 said:

People who would not steal anywhere else are fine with downloading pirated movies. That is stealing too. I don't get ir.

If I feel a Rolex is too expensive, I just don't buy it. Stealing it is not the answer.

People will steal anything if the stakes are low. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I have said it before and will say it again, if you don't live in a 3rd world country and you pirate movies then you are a loser with no self respect.  Grow up and be better.  

How is it different if you live in a first world country or third world? Stealing is stealing. You can't justify it even if you are poor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, misafeco said:

How is it different if you live in a first world country or third world? Stealing is stealing. You can't justify it even if you are poor.

It is at least understandable because of access on top of the poverty but still wrong.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Valid point. The average Joe in a first world country doesn't steal stuff he can't afford (exotic sports cars for instance). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It is at least understandable because of access on top of the poverty but still wrong.  

I don't think downloading movies are correlated to poverty. At least not here in Hungary. Yes, we are not that rich but most people can still afford useless things like iPhone. We don't pay for movies because we don't have to. It's that easy.

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Valid point. The average Joe in a first world country doesn't steal stuff he can't afford (exotic sports cars for instance). 

Would they steal expensive cars if there are no consequences? That's the comparable thing.

• Like 2