baumer

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard2) R1 18.5, Sing 16

7 minutes ago, fracfar said:

Pirating is especially bad for arthouse/independent films. Those are high quality, and the production needs every dollar it can get. 

I'm not opposed to pirating though. Shit is overpriced

I was in Best Buy a few weeks ago buying a charger for my phone, and I dropped by the movie section and Blu-ray/4K movies were like 30 fucking dollars.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Okay there...

Watching a nice movie on a big screen TV in comfy clothes on a lazy Sunday with a fireplace to your back as you eat a nice lunch or have a nice tea or watch a film with a friend with some drinks and have all the fun running commentary you like and spending like hardly anything...

Or pay 18 bucks for a film and 10 to 15 dollars for food and spend forever organizing with friends and family to get a proper time and picking up people and then dealing with loud people during the film.

What I mean is there is a reason why rogue one is the only film I seen in theaters since the summer.

Absolutely there's always a time and place for staying at home and watching a movie. I watch a ton of movies at home. What I meant is that a lot of people would rather pirate a new release than go to the theatre and watch it, or those who support new releases on VOD. I wasn't condemning movie watching at home in general. Of course not.

Edited by JB33

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Unless it's 4K or Disney, movies drop down in price pretty fast nowadays.

On non-physical home video? Cuz I ain't about that DVD life anymore, so I'm stuck with Netflix, pirating, or Prime (I think)

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Unless it's 4K or Disney, movies drop down in price pretty fast nowadays.

Exactly, or just wait patiently until it does come down in price. What I do is look at around at all kinds of stores and buy the movies I want wherever they're the best price. You'd be surprised at the big differences I find sometimes. For instance, when I bought the Star Wars blu ray set last year at HMV it was $89.99. Everywhere else it was $99.99 or even as high as $119.99. It was weird because usually HMV is usually the expensive one!

I also happen to be a blu-ray collector so I have this stuff down to a science.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I was in Best Buy a few weeks ago buying a charger for my phone, and I dropped by the movie section and Blu-ray/4K movies were like 30 fucking dollars.

Yeah that's unacceptable. It's situations like that where I sympathize w/pirates... because tbh, I get quite a few movies online. 

The reason most people pirate is convenience. If I could watch movies by Netflix, I'd be happy. But their library is being depleted. And the film industry is being very greedy when it comes to DRM, refusing to license out movies to streaming, high prices, etc. Some people literally just don't have the time or the money to go out and a see the movie for $20, or buying a $30 DVD. And that's why I sympathize with pirates. I hate it, but the film industry is being greedy and trying to squeeze the consumer. 

9 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

30 bucks for a movie is insane, unless it comes with nice bonuses or shit. 

I will never pay $30. What could they possibly offer? Bonuses are useless anyways. I'd pay $10 at most if I'm not seeing it in theatres

Just now, fracfar said:

Physical home video is outdated and takes up space. Streaming is the way to go, and the entertainment industry is holding out...

The quality of streaming and digital is terrible compared to Blu-Ray, and data caps are going to become more and more limited in the future.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The quality of streaming and digital is terrible compared to Blu-Ray, and data caps are going to become more and more limited in the future.

Just looked it up and Blu-ray players seem cheaper than I remember. Interesting. 

• Like 1

I don't know, maybe I'm just old fashioned. I read actual books and newspapers rather than stare at my phone or an iPad. I actually go to the cinema - and I make a very modest living at the moment - and buy blu-rays. I'm not judging anyone who is any different, I just personally can't stand the "everything digital and at your fingertips" lifestyle that people seem to be living nowadays.

• Like 2

And yeah, I don't care how you watch the movie, so long as you pay for it in a legal way.  If you rent it for $.99 or purchase a $50 Blu-Ray 4k Steelbook or some shit, I don't care.  If you use a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Instant Video, that's also okay.  But the second you go on Pirate Bay, Putlocker, Viooz, etc., that's the second I lose all respect for you.

• Like 2

WHAT IS THE GODDAMN FUCKING POINT OF HAVING A FUCKING MOVIEPASS IF I CAN'T SEE THE LEGITIMATE ONLY MOVIE I WAS HYPED FOR THIS MONTH IN 2016!?!?!?

I FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING FUCK FUCK FUCK I SPEND $40 A MONTH TO SEE UNLIMITED MOVIES IN THEATERS BUT WHAT ARE MY FUCKING OPTIONS? COLLATERAL BEAUTY, PASSENGERS, AND SING??? WHERE THE FUCK IS JACKIE, LION, AND LA LA MOTHERFUCKING LAND

FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

SORRY I NEEDED TO VENT I'M JUST FUCKING PISSED THAT I'VE BEEN HOME FOR TWO WEEKS AND THE ONLY MOVIE I SAW THAT I'D ACTUALLY CALL GOOD WAS A REWATCH THAT I DIDN'T USE MY MOVIEPASS ON

FUCK EVERYTHING

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

WHAT IS THE GODDAMN FUCKING POINT OF HAVING A FUCKING MOVIEPASS IF I CAN'T SEE THE LEGITIMATE ONLY MOVIE I WAS HYPED FOR THIS MONTH IN 2016!?!?!?

I FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING FUCK FUCK FUCK I SPEND $40 A MONTH TO SEE UNLIMITED MOVIES IN THEATERS BUT WHAT ARE MY FUCKING OPTIONS? COLLATERAL BEAUTY, PASSENGERS, AND SING??? WHERE THE FUCK IS JACKIE, LION, AND LA LA MOTHERFUCKING LAND

SORRY I NEEDED TO VENT I'M JUST FUCKING PISSED THAT I'VE BEEN HOME FOR TWO WEEKS AND THE ONLY MOVIE I SAW THAT I'D ACTUALLY CALL GOOD WAS A REWATCH THAT I DIDN'T USE MY MOVIEPASS ON

FUCK EVERYTHING

(Hug)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

FUCK EVERYTHING

50555641ecdc038d85f7300d35df2cc4.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

FUCK EVERYTHING

You're suffering from a case of 2016, aren't you. Hang in there buddy.

• Like 4