Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

Just now, Telemachos said:

I voted for R1. I might even vote for it to win. It's one of the few movies where we actually got a glimpse into what the editors did and how they shaped a story that changed throughout the process. 

Isn't that kind of like voting for the Best Sculpture because you can see the fingerprints and repaired cracks?

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I voted for R1. I might even vote for it to win. It's one of the few movies where we actually got a glimpse into what the editors did and how they shaped a story that changed throughout the process. 

I think it was one category I didn't nominate at all, because there's so much to the editing process that isn't seen in the final film. I don't know enough to judge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DamienRoc said:

Also, from the way everyone has overhyped LLL, I'm pretty sure I'll hate it once I actually see it. 

Don't worry. You won't like it base on the movie's own merit. It did excel at that. 

I think La La Land and Wilderpeple are equally enjoyable but I like an underdog story.

Anyway, I'm actually sad about the Deadpool snub in some categories, people give it way too little credit sometimes, oh well. Wilderpeople's success makes up for it I suppose.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

This is only main contender I haven't seen yet but I'm not in any hurry either.

I might need to rewatch it since I wasn't in the best mood then.

But I'm not a big fan of either Affleck nor Williams so that could have some negative influence too.

Like it was well-directed and acting were good, but I never got fully committed to story or characters.

Nom count:

16: La La Land

12: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

11: Arrival

9: Hell or High Water

6: Deadpool, Zootopia

5: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, The Jungle Book, Kubo and the Two Strings, Manchester by the SeaMoonlight

4: Elle, Hacksaw Ridge, Moana, The Nice Guys, Silence, Sing Street

3: 10 Cloverfield Lane, Everybody Wants Some!!, The Lobster

2: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The BFG, Don't Breathe, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Fences, Love & Friendship, Nocturnal Animals, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, Star Trek Beyond, The Witch

1: 13th, Assassin's Creed, Captain America: Civil War, The Conjuring 2, Doctor Strange, Eye in the Sky, Finding Dory, Hail, Caesar!, The Handmaiden, Hidden Figures, Independence Day: Resurgence, O.J.: Made in America, Sausage Party, Suicide Squad, Swiss Army Man, Weiner, Zoolander 2

• Like 6