FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

3 minutes ago, Olive said:

Disney yearly total as of Dec. 29

$2,960,191,245

Gonna see Star Wars tomorrow and be part of history. Hopefully I will buy the ticket that puts Disney over 3 Billion. Expecting a balloon drop and free car. Or at least a popcorn.

• Like 6

Bullshit!

Spoiler

It doesn't matter what is realistic and what isn't.  This is a love story and I wanted them together.  That's how it should have ended.  You guys can feel the way you want, but don't tell me that I'm wrong for feeling the way I do.  It didn't work in the slightest for me.  The ending of it was horrible and cheap and it didn't fit with the rest of the film. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Bullshit!

Hide contents

It doesn't matter what is realistic and what isn't.  This is a love story and I wanted them together.  That's how it should have ended.  You guys can feel the way you want, but don't tell me that I'm wrong for feeling the way I do.  It didn't work in the slightest for me.  The ending of it was horrible and cheap and it didn't fit with the rest of the film. 

So...what's your overall grade for the movie.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Bullshit!

Reveal hidden contents

Chazelle's goal was to make an old school musical with a grounded, real world story. 

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What was the old yearly record for a studio?

Uni last year (2.44b)

• Like 2

I would have given it 9.5/10.  I loved it.  I truly loved it and as I said, I don't like musicals all that much.  But that ending just ruined me so it get's 8.5/10

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Rth of Asgard! I beseech you!

Shower your numbers from the heavens so the nerds of box office can rejoice and give thanks! :worthy:

It won't work without a sacrifice.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Bullshit!

Hide contents

It sounds like

Spoiler

you're just unhappy because Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone have such perfect chemistry. ;) Don't worry, we all think they're on their to becoming one of the most iconic screen pairings too.

• Like 1

As for La La Land 

Spoiler

some of the most successful romantic movies of all time don't end with the couple living happily ever after, whether someone dies or there's a breakup, moreso with romantic dramas though... Maybe all the bright colors and musical numbers gave expectations of a rom com ending? Given Chazelle's influences, that wouldn't have been what he was going for.

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am on my 8th drink  at a holiday party thinking 19 20 million for RO man......

Watching a pirated copy of La La Land?

• Like 5

Saw La La Land tonight for the first time.  I liked it alot and i tried to dislike it as much as possible.  I just do not want it to sweep all the awards!!!  Emma Stone vs Natalie Portman for the oscar will be fun to watch though.  As for the ending...I thought it was one of the best parts.  This is my take on the ending....

Spoiler

the ending was 'La La Land'.  She had one of those moments and went into that 'what if scenario'....that imaginary place, what her life would have been like if things went differently.  and since this is a musical, then just go ahead and call it La La Land.  i think the whole movie goes along with a good story and prepares you for that "la la land" that alot of people go through when they run into an ex.

• Like 1