DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

10 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

GAGGING at ur profile pic, why is she angry sis

Because

Spoiler

she just found out the main conspiracy of the movie. The words she's saying are "we need", btw. The long e sound is why she's baring her teeth.

Kind of out of context, but hey.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Patriots Day is incredible...and this is coming from someone who doesn't believe the official story of how it all went down.  But as a film, it's riveting.  

Yeah I just got out of it and I agree.  I'd give it an A and a 9.5/10.  Berg is an incredible director.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

If you think the movie's basically fiction, you might appreciate it differently than someone who thinks of it as a real life story.

I don't think it's fiction but I don't think they have all their facts straight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Projectione for domestic total for films this weekend.

Hidden Figures:$105 million.

La La Land:$165 million.

Sing:$290 million.

Rogue One:$560 million.

Bye Bye Man:$30 million. 

Patriot's Day:$35 million.

Monster Trucks:$24 million.

Sleeples:$23 million.

Underworld 5:$32 million.

Passengers:$100 million.

Live By Night:$10 million.

Moana:$250 million.

Why Him:$61 million.

Fences:$53 million.

Lion:$20 million.

Silence:$7 million.

Manchester By The Sea:$42 million.

Assassin's Creed:$58 million.

Moonlight:$20 million.

Jackie:$18 million(if it gets oscars a boost to about $2-$3 million)

$560 million for RO is basically impossible at this point, and so is $550m. It's heading towards $530m-ish (Maaaybe $540s). It's been losing ground to TFA each and every week since the end of the holidays (and basically since the OW). It opened with 62.5% of TFA. It's current total is around 58.5% of TFA. During the first week after the holidays, RO made 58% of what TFA made, and this week its earnings have already dropped to 54% of TFA's tally at the same point last year. It will probably lose even more ground next week. 

Still an absolutely massive hit, by any means. :) 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't think it's fiction but I don't think they have all their facts straight.

I didn't care for the movie and thought Berg wasn't sure if he was making a movie or a reenactment, but they stick pretty close to the facts (the news/surveillance footage was real- they didn't superimpose the faces of the actors playing the bombers onto the real bombers, though the actors they got look enough like the real people that some might think they did). Only Wahlberg's character and everything involving him was fictionalized.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I didn't care for the movie and thought Berg wasn't sure if he was making a movie or a reenactment, but they stick pretty close to the facts (the news/surveillance footage was real- they didn't superimpose the faces of the actors playing the bombers onto the real bombers, though the actors they got look enough like the real people that some might think they did). Only Wahlberg's character and everything involving him was fictionalized.

I'm not talking about that stuff. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, holcs said:

Was anyone dumb enough to go see Live by Night like me? And did anyone actually like it? Movie was absolute shit.  First really big flop by batfleck as a director.  

Yep, I was totally disappointed in it.

• Like 1

@baumer

Just want to say I love you man - keep being you and I mean that with sincerity - you are one of the best things about this forum. To everyone else - find a way to be yourself and not feel like you need to conform, it will make you feel 10x better about yourself and the rest of the world. 

• Like 9

Thank you @narniadis...I'm flattered.....and honored....not sure what prompted that post but for the record, I've always enjoyed your posts too...and you are one of the old school summer game players.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yep, I was totally disappointed in it.

Definitely regretting going to shit by night instead of Patriots Day.  Sounds like that movie was great.  That'll prob be the next thing I see.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@baumer

Just want to say I love you man - keep being you and I mean that with sincerity - you are one of the best things about this forum. To everyone else - find a way to be yourself and not feel like you need to conform, it will make you feel 10x better about yourself and the rest of the world. 

Best part of this is that everyone can take it as a compliment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Thank you @narniadis...I'm flattered.....and honored....not sure what prompted that post but for the record, I've always enjoyed your posts too...and you are one of the old school summer game players.  

Several of your posts today just reminded me of why I keep coming back to this place - posters like you (and others) make it feel real, particularly when opinions diverge ;)

• Like 3

So I know we have some others on here that have seen The Lobster and really liked it but can I ask WTF?? What a weird ass and strange film and very very cold. I am working through as many '16 films as I can on dvd before Oscar night but anymore like that and I may have to stop.

*keeping on topic* Hidden Figures did well this weekend just a tad over what I thought it would do hold-wise and not quite as good as The Revenant from last year but it is on it's way to 100m if it can keep up.

Looks like we will be on the line for 29/30 100m films with La La Land, Passengers as sure bets and at least one of Hidden Figures or Arrival (if not both).

2008 and 2015 were the last ones without at least 30 - 100m films but we could miss the mark again.

Seems to me that after hitting 35 in 2013 we havent been able to keep pace. Course we really started to shift in 13 toward bigger grosses on the upper end of the scale.

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 2