DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

49 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

All sorts of things could be on his mind, people don't need to keep going on about this whole "laugh at sadfleck" thing. Give it a few years and if he stays like this, next thing you know he'll be jumping on the couch.

WHO IS THAT NEXT TO BEN

Moonlight is one of the worst films of the year.  Didn't care about any character.  In fact, this is a film that tells you that you are supposed to care about people because they are gay.  There was nothing organic about it.  There's long stretches of the film where nothing happens, in fact, that's about 50% of the movie.  I kept waiting for something poignant to happen, something compelling to take my breath away.  What I got was the ultimate Oscar bait movie that tells you it's important and then like sheep, everyone in the academy agrees and nominates it.  No way half the members saw this and no way they actually give a shit.  This is basically to make up for their Oscar so white debacle from last year.  

Horrible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Treecraft said:

All sorts of things could be on his mind, people don't need to keep going on about this whole "laugh at sadfleck" thing. Give it a few years and if he stays like this, next thing you know he'll be jumping on the couch.

I tend to think he's probably sadder about his personal life than Batman, if you ask me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Moonlight is one of the worst films of the year.  Didn't care about any character.  In fact, this is a film that tells you that you are supposed to care about people because they are gay.  There was nothing organic about it.  There's long stretches of the film where nothing happens, in fact, that's about 50% of the movie.  I kept waiting for something poignant to happen, something compelling to take my breath away.  What I got was the ultimate Oscar bait movie that tells you it's important and then like sheep, everyone in the academy agrees and nominates it.  No way half the members saw this and no way they actually give a shit.  This is basically to make up for their Oscar so white debacle from last year.  

Horrible.

Ok, ok.

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

Horrible.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I tend to think he's probably sadder about his personal life than Batman, if you ask me.

Oh I can't imagine he's sad about Batman at all, he has no reason to be, he's been well received and he is paid handsomely for it. He might have all sorts of stuff going on in his life. Much as people like to joke about him, I hope he doesn't have a breakdown -- not that looking grim in a few interviews is any indication of someone's mental state, but still.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, baumer said:

Horrible.

The @JonathanLB virus is spreading! :o It first got to @Telemachos when he saw La La Land, and now it's claiming Baumer! 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I encourage all of you to see Patriots Day, one of the best films of 2016, would have made my list had I waited a few more weeks for sure.

In the theater for it right now.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

@That One Guy

The early design for Creech - the one that sent kids screaming in terror

HOLYYYYYYYY SHIIIIT IM DEAD AS FUCK LMAO.

1 hour ago, TommyA10 said:

From BO.com, regarding Rogue one:

"...With $498.85 million and counting — and still holding on well, not having even left the top four yet — the film looks likely to pass $550 million and maybe even $600 million total."

:ph34r:

:rofl:

Maybe they know about a re-released extended version or something

• Like 1