kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

26 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

120 would be literally awful

Why? That's already a big jump from the 2016 movie. If it opens up to 120 & then leg it out to the mid-late 300s, I see that as a win. 

It's just a conservative guess that will probably be wrong but I don't wanna get carried away lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Why? That's already a big jump from the 2016 movie. If it opens up to 120 & then leg it out to the mid-late 300s, I see that as a win. 

It's just a conservative guess that will probably be wrong but I don't wanna get carried away lol

The 2016 movie ranks adjusts to like 99M, a normal marvel solo sequel should see a bump to above 120M. But this is far from a normal solo sequel, the closest comparison to the value added elements are Civil War and NWH.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

The 2016 movie ranks adjusts to like 99M, a normal marvel solo sequel should see a bump to above 120M. But this is far from a normal solo sequel, the closest comparison to the value added elements are Civil War and NWH.   

I'm looking for anything better than GOTG2 OW ranking (17th). So $166M+ and I won't complain. 

My ideal target, however, is over AOU in absolute dollars. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

The 2016 movie isn't the only thing to consider by a long shot

You also have to consider wandavision fans Loki fans what if fans and people who grew to like him in ragnarok and other films also literally everyone who saw no way home is going to see this film 

Edited by wintersoldier2021
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I think this will fall in the 170-180M OW range with 500+ DOM haul, depending on reception ofc. Cant see it opening to 200M+ just yet.

With its release date, if it’s going over $500M DOM then it will almost certainly need $200M+ OW. It definitely won’t get there in the 170’s. Might be able to from $190M if it’s surprisingly leggy (for the release date and size) but not below that.

Edited by PenguinXXR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

With its release date, if it’s going over $500M DOM then it will almost certainly need $200M+ OW. It definitely won’t get there in the 170’s. Might be able to from $190M if it’s surprisingly leggy (for the release date and size) but not below that.

Kinda disagree with that. To hit 500M off a 175M OW, it would need a 2,86 multiplier, which would be very leggy for a May-Marvel movie indeed, but it has one very important factor going for it regarding a leggy run: May is a bit of a wasteland as are the first 9 Days of June. The only other "big" action movie of the Month is Top Gun and i personally think that will stumble a bit, which is why i think DS has a shot at 500M even if the OW comes under 200M OW.

Btw, curious fact: Every single 200M+ Opener crossed 600M DOM.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Kinda disagree with that. To hit 500M off a 175M OW, it would need a 2,86 multiplier, which would be very leggy for a May-Marvel movie indeed, but it has one very important factor going for it regarding a leggy run: May is a bit of a wasteland as are the first 9 Days of June. The only other "big" action movie of the Month is Top Gun and i personally think that will stumble a bit, which is why i think DS has a shot at 500M even if the OW comes under 200M OW.

Btw, curious fact: Every single 200M+ Opener crossed 600M DOM.

Fair assessment but I don’t see it breaking the mold that much, especially as MCU films get more frontloaded. 

• Like 1