kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

So after readings hundreds of reactions, they're mostly pretty decent, seems like the first ones was the worse actually. 

Reviews should be good, but yeah definitely not even close to EG / NWH and probably not even IW, but definitely doesn't look like another Eternals situation that actually hurted the movie.

I can see anywhere from 75-82% with 6.7-7.0 average for this depending on the top critics, let's see in 8 hours.

• Like 2

This movie sounds amazing and I can’t wait. Raimi unleashed. Gonna be fun! The most intriguing reaction for me was the one that compared this movie to Drag Me To Hell.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Have to have seen Wandavision? Glad I have to watch a whole ass television show on one of 20 different streamers to enjoy the main blockbuster of the summer season now!

My dad hasn't seen any of the MCU shows (he says he'll watch them when the whole season is done, but he never does) but loves the movies and watches them all the time on cable. I still remember taking him to Black Widow and explaining during the entire car ride back home why Julia Louis-Dreyfus popped up in the end, what happened in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and what the Hawkeye show he will never watch will be about. I'm taking him to this over the weekend, since he loves Doctor Strange, but having to explain everything that happened to WandaVision, a show I barely remember, just so he understands why Wanda's doing bad things will be legit torture.

I'm still unconvinced these shows won't cause accidental damage to the MCU in the near-future. There's no way people aren't tired of all this Marvel crap shoved in your face in the theaters and at home.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 2

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Have to have seen Wandavision? Glad I have to watch a whole ass television show on one of 20 different streamers to enjoy the main blockbuster of the summer season now!

I mean you don't "have to" you are the one choosing to watch a movie that it's a pseudo sequel to that Tv show.

• Like 1

It's going to get RT positive reviews just on the fact of Rami and it is "different".  

The 2 hour run time is a huge huge thing for this movie.  It will get people off the fence that might otherwise skip it, and the horror aspect will actually attract younger viewers.  

Not every Marvel movie has to be the best thing ever and some crazy, divisive movies like this that contain a lot of elements people love are a good thing.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

I mean you don't "have to" you are the one choosing to watch a movie that it's a pseudo sequel to that Tv show.

I mean, it's not a small, niche movie for exclusively fans of a TV show like the Many Saints of Newark and Firefly. It's a 200 million opener that will dominate the summer season for millions of moviegoers that apparently requires intimate knowledge of a relatively mid-sized television show with a couple of million viewers on a streamer many people don't even have. It's like if you couldn't enjoy Revenge of the Sith without watching the Clone Wars show.

• Like 2