grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

Glad Deadpool made top 10. Its my number one of the year....but top 10 is good.  Hacksaw was fucking fantastic. Id have liked to see it number one.

La la Land is really good until the last 5 minutes. That was like watching the dog die in Marley and Me. It absolutely killed me.

Too bad lion did not make the top 25 as it's truly a fantastic film with a terrific performance by both Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman.

FTSBF

• Like 1

God damn it, once again I arrive just as the list has finished...

Ah well, it was a solid, if predictable, Top 25. Only 11 movies from my Top 25 made it, but I wasn't really expecting much overlap to begin with. Loved Your Name getting in and laughed my ass off when Hunt for the Wilderpeople got snubbed. I don't even dislike the movie (it was in my Top 25) but people were stanning for it so damn much that I was kinda rooting for it to fail. That it did so by half a point is just the icing on the cake.

Our Top 40 was a better list though (as long as you ignore Fantastic Beasts). Handmaiden, Monster Calls and Train to Busan? Hell yes. I personally do kinda want to see the 40-100 just to see if my No 1 (Long Way North) made it. I'm pretty sure I was the only one to vote for it though.  

Also, when did Coolio turn into lisa-lite?

• Like 2

Here's the deal guys: I'll check out Your Name and Popstar if you check out American Honey and Swiss Army Man, okay? smh

(Decent list overall; we've definitely had worse. Although Hacksaw being so high is legit confusing wtf)

Honestly a really good list. For the first like 16 movies I was proud of us for making such a tasteful list. Then deadpool showed up.

Still, easily the best top 25 we've had that I can remember

3 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Honestly a really good list. For the first like 16 movies I was proud of us for making such a tasteful list. Then deadpool showed up.

Still, easily the best top 25 we've had that I can remember

I dunno, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to top TDKR winning its year. 

• Like 1