YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Honestly @Telemachos, you're like the greatest guy on here but you really need to stop with the cynicism for all the animated/kids-targeted films.  I still remember when the record-shattering Finding Dory Thursday numbers came out and you were trying to downplay the hell out of its performance :depp:.

I actually think @Telemachos really shouldn't stop. Because he's nice enough to not actually gloat when he's right (Moana :(), and he's a great sport about being wrong. (about anything, not just animated - *cough* Blackhat club *cough*)

If he stopped being cynical, it would deprive the rest of us of the fun every time an animated/family film does blow past his very low expectations. :P

• Like 9

Just now, grey ghost said:

Last V-day weekend, Deadpool made more than all three combined.

"X gonna give it to ya!"

And Dakota Johnson was giving us How To Be Single. She's really going after the Valentines Day couple demographic. Too bad boyfriends drug their girlfriends to Deadpool instead wish they were doing the same with JW 2.

• Like 2

My theatre is FOR SURE an anomaly this weekend :/ 

- Lego Batman: approx 37.5M Saturday (I'm not kidding) and 55-56M running 2 day total 

- 50 shades approx 10M today and 21M ish after 2 days

- John wick maybe 13-14M today and 28-29M 2-day

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The good news with Lego Batman disappointing is that The Great Wall is poised to break out now!

The Great Wall will be no match for 3 African American computers next weekend in Australia. 

• Like 1