Fri Oct. 24, 2014 2 $5,449,563 - - 2,589 $2,105 $5,449,563 1
Sat Oct. 25, 2014 3 $5,377,022 -1.3% - 2,589 $2,077 $10,826,585 2
Sun Oct. 26, 2014 2 $3,589,337 -33.2% - 2,589 $1,386 $14,415,922 3

John Wick 2:

Day Date Rank Gross % +/- YD / LW* Theaters / Avg Gross-to-Date Day #
Fri Feb. 10, 2017 3 $10,965,602 - - 3,113 $3,523 $10,965,602 1
Sat Feb. 11, 2017 3 $11,407,169 +4.0% - 3,113 $3,664 $22,372,771 2
Sun Feb. 12, 2017 3 $8,063,352 -29.3% - 3,113 $2,590 $30,436,123 3

Awwww yeah. I've got a good feeling about the legs for this thing.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, if Justice League is on the same page quality-wise as the DC movies have been so far, they'll have plenty of audience to still go around!

JL quality can be shit and it will still make gangbusters at the Box Office.

One thing is certain and that's JL will follow all DC Flims foot steps and that's a huge Opening weekend.Dc problem isn't getting people into seats it's the repeat business.

As someone else said both can coexist.

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Didnt BvS have like a 1.95x multi or some shit?

"gangbusters"

Affleck Batman is going to be bad. We all can feel it but some may not want to admit it. Can't believe I saw some say he may even drop out? JL blahhh.

Edited by GiantCALBears

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Affleck Batman is going to be bad. We all can feel it but some may not want to admit it. Can't believe I saw some say he may even drop out? JL blahhh.

He's no longer directing it (apparently Matt Reeves of Cloverfield and the Apes sequels just got the gig) but he's still going to star (at least as of now).

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Didnt BvS have like a 1.95x multi or some shit?

"gangbusters"

1.99 x Even with a weak multipler the flim still did 330 domestic. 

I think some of you here forget how big of a number that is.

JL advantage is gonna have a bigger opening with Thanksgiving being it's second weekend it most likely won't fall over 60%(60% isn't quite as bad as that 69%)

Now after Thanksgiving weekend the flim might go into a fall but not before it hits it's milestones.

Edited by Brainiac5

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

1.99 x Even with a weak multipler the flim still did 330 domestic. 

I think some of you here forget how big of a number that is.

JL advantage is gonna have a bigger opening with Thanksgiving being it's second weekend it most likely won't fall over 60%(60% isn't quite as bad as that 69%)

Now after Thanksgiving weekend the flim might go into a fall but not before it hits it's milestones.

The family competition will be fierce though.

Just now, YourMother said:

The family competition will be fierce though.

Funny thing is everyone here seem to believe JL won't have a family appeal.

IT WILL BE THE FLIM EVERY FAMILY IS GONNA WANT TO SEE!!.

Kids are not gonna pick over

Flash,

WONDER Woman,

Batman ,

Superman

And the ladies can't wait to seek thier eyes on Mr.Aquaman ,That's right  I called him Mister.

Cyborg has minimum draw.

I'm willing to bet that will change very soon.

JL is opening on its weekend really with no competition.

3 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Unless it's reviews are great I can't see JL beating the OW of BvS. BvS burned a lot of people.

May be biased because my Thor 3 club kind of relies on JL not completely decimating its legs.

I think your [Waititi worshipping] Ragnarok club would have better chance of success if it's Over/Under CA:TWS instead. 

But go big or go home, right? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Unless it's reviews are great I can't see JL beating the OW of BvS. BvS burned a lot of people.

May be biased because my Thor 3 club kind of relies on JL not completely decimating its legs.

Thor will be fine,JL is 2 full weeks after.

More than enough time for it to make its money.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

While $53m is a tad underwhelming, it's still a win for WAG, they've achieved an OW which most studios would be happy with for an animated film and with the strong reviews, it's going to have good if not great legs. WAG is still establishing themselves and the goodwill from Lego Batman will no doubt boost Ninjago, Smallfoot and perhaps Scooby Doo.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Funny thing is everyone here seem to believe JL won't have a family appeal.

IT WILL BE THE FLIM EVERY FAMILY IS GONNA WANT TO SEE!!.

Kids are not gonna pick over

Flash,

WONDER Woman,

Batman ,

Superman

And the ladies can't wait to seek thier eyes on Mr.Aquaman ,That's right  I called him Mister.

Cyborg has minimum draw.

I'm willing to bet that will change very soon.

JL is opening on its weekend really with no competition.

I'm not denying that either but with Thor: Rangarök over $250M, Coco over $200M and The Star over $150M, it could cause an underperformance. I asked my nephews (11 and 6) the other day who they liked better as a superhero team and both said Avengers.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

While $53m is a tad underwhelming, it's still a win for WAG, they've achieved an OW which most studios would be happy with for an animated film and with the strong reviews, it's going to have good if not great legs. It's still establishing themselves and the goodwill from Lego Batman will no doubt boost Ninjago.

Definitely a win.

Much crowd had a very good response to the Ninjago trailer. I'm thinking it will fall in the same range as LB.

• Like 2

I think your [Waititi worshipping] Ragnarok club would have better chance of success if it's Over/Under CA:TWS instead. 

But go big or go home, right? 

It's no fun if it's easy.

It's a high bar to clear though. Would I have had a better chance with TWS? Sure. But would I get to make a Justin Hammer pun? No.

Regardless I'm taking the moral victory if it gets above TWS.

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Definitely a win.

Much crowd had a very good response to the Ninjago trailer. I'm thinking it will fall in the same range as LB.

I doubt it'll hit $50m although if it did, it would claim the September record. I'm thinking $35-40m at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher.